Guns 'N' Roses - Use Your Illusion 30th Anniversary coming out next year

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The entire "Super Deluxe" listing is unavailable in the US until November 11, save for one of the live tracks. It just says "Apple Digital Master", no Atmos badge.
Folks seem to imply that there was an ATMOS mix?

So it exists but the lads vetoed it?

Damn

I did it. I was ordering Caravanserai and said, you are crazy, but I did it.
NEOIMP-19419.jpg

Let’s hope with all the positive comments / tweets re Wilson’s mix of November Rain, that Guns N’ Roses and / or their management do a u turn and release the 5.1 / Atmos mixes.
By some divine miracle I’m hoping the Atmos mix just shows up on streaming this Friday, that’d be a real nice surprise.

My Japanese copy, SHM CD and Blu Ray arrived yesterday.
Stunning box set. The box is cardboard 3D so when you look at it from the left it is Use Your Illusion I and from the right it is Use Your Illusion II.
Great photos.
All, in my case, SHM CD's remastered. CD 1 is I, CD 2 is II, CD 3 is Live NYC, CD 4 is Live LV, CD 4,5,6 are lots of outtakes, versions, demos, even though it does not say that I assume that, have some songs from there first album, I'll listen and figure out.
The Blu Ray is only Live in NYC May 16, 1991, in Dolby Atmos 48/24, Dolby 5.1 96/24, PCM Stereo 48/24.

Glad the Blu Ray Concert has the two surround tracks, disappointed they did not put the Hi Res stereo of the two discs on the Blu Ray.

Overall: lets give it a listen/look and find out.

My Japanese copy, SHM CD and Blu Ray arrived yesterday.
Stunning box set. The box is cardboard 3D so when you look at it from the left it is Use Your Illusion I and from the right it is Use Your Illusion II.
Great photos.
All, in my case, SHM CD's remastered. CD 1 is I, CD 2 is II, CD 3 is Live NYC, CD 4 is Live LV, CD 4,5,6 are lots of outtakes, versions, demos, even though it does not say that I assume that, have some songs from there first album, I'll listen and figure out.
The Blu Ray is only Live in NYC May 16, 1991, in Dolby Atmos 48/24, Dolby 5.1 96/24, PCM Stereo 48/24.

Glad the Blu Ray Concert has the two surround tracks, disappointed they did not put the Hi Res stereo of the two discs on the Blu Ray.

Overall: lets give it a listen/look and find out.
So there is def ATMOS on this set?

i was under the impression that the band rejected Wilsons ATMOS?

Is this something different?

Either not Wilson or maybe they just rejected the studio mix in ATMOS?

Apparently SW did an Atmos mix of Appetite as well?!

View attachment 103299
Wow. Given the limitations of the 5.1 mix, I figured that all they had were the main masters and some stems for a couple lead guitar parts. If they had all the tracks all this time, then that 5.1 mix is inexcusable. If they've found them since, that would make more sense.

Back