Handy QUAD accessories......Russound QT-1 Audio Switching and Patching Center

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callmez

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Not nearly as rare as Quadrockasaurus' recently posted-about JVC U-100 System Selector is this Russound switching/patching center -- I bought mine on ebay a couple of years ago for less than $20. Getting a copy of the manual so I could halfway figure out the blasted thing cost about as much! :mad:@:

This is a totally passive switching unit, there's no power supply. There are 72 RCA jacks on the back and an array of switches and jacks for patch cables on the front of the unit. You connect it to the tape input & output jacks of your receiver and all of the other gizmos you want to hook up. Tape decks, matrix decoders, CD-4 units, equalizers, noise reduction units -- whatever. The owners manual is 24 pages and apparently only covers a fraction of the possibilities.

I found it pretty bewildering, but made some sense out of it after reading the manual. I don't really have enough equipment to take full advantage of it and it seems that a bunch of the switches are corroded up in mine. I cleaned it up some, took a peek inside and decided that a serious internal cleaning was a project for another day (maybe a weekend). All I use it for right now is for selecting a source for quad input on my 5.1 receiver.

I found a 10/1974 date in the manual, and retail was $249.95 back in the day. A review in the magazine "FM Guide" gave it a rating of 9.8 out of 10.

Mark Z

41068.jpg
4.jpg

Looks mighty fine. Would love to find one, especially at 20 bucks.

Looks like you use micro-jack cables on the front patch bay, like the old Arp analog synth.

Much cooler than anything I saw at this years CES!

I used to have one. I came with a bunch of cables. Very handy back in the '70s, quite rare these days.

I saw that, but look at the RCA input jacks on the back. This one looks like it has been under water or stored unprotected in someone's garage. If the inside wiring is as corroded as the jacks, this one could be more of a headache than it is worth.
I use two QT-1s in my system. (And 3 Zectors...yeah. I have too much stuff.) The QT-1 is a great switch box - the only one of its kind that I know of.

Back