Happy Birthday, Peter Gabriel!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humprof

Junior Senior
QQ Supporter
I'm tired of posting death notices!

We wish he were more prolific, and we wish more of his life's work were mixed for surround. But at least there's Up and Play and the Genesis green box. And some of the concert videos (Secret World Live, Still Growing Up Live, New Blood) are really quite immersive, even if they're not discrete. So...Happy Birthday, Peter Gabriel! 70 trips around the sun today.

To mark the occasion, Qobuz is running a sale on his hi-res catalog. And--who knew?--dude is on Bandcamp now (also supposedly in 24-bit, although there's no note of that on the Bandcamp page itself).

Last edited:

We wish he were more prolific, and we wish more of his life's work were mixed for surround. But at least there's Up and Play and the Genesis green box. And some of the concert videos (Secret World Live, Still Growing Up Live, New Blood) are really quite immersive, even if they're not discrete. So...Happy Birthday, Peter Gabriel! 70 trips around the sun today.

To mark the occasion, Qobuz is running a sale on his hi-res catalog. And--who knew?--dude is on Bandcamp now (also supposedly in 24-bit, although there's no note of that on the Bandcamp page itself).
Not releasing Peter Gabriel 3 & 4 in surround should be considered "high crimes and misdemeanors"

Yes, glad to hear that at least another one of these people are still alive! Thanks for posting this.

Back