Happy Mother's Day / May 10 2020

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeahhh, boricuas and cubanos especially..we all adore our mothers!!!!
here's a pic of my my Mom and her Mom in the 40's in Joyuda (you KNOW where that is , Kiko!).. I LOVE this pic!!!!!
Tata Mami J.jpg

yeahhh, boricuas and cubanos especially..we all adore our mothers!!!!
here's a pic of my my Mom and her Mom in the 40's in Joyuda (you KNOW where that is , Kiko!).. I LOVE this pic!!!!!
View attachment 50936
Increible fotografia, hermano! I just called and wished my 100 year old Mami a Happy Mother’s Day.

I think the gender balance on this forum tips pretty heavily away from the distaff side, but even us XY types have (or had) mothers. So...Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there.

There's a lot of Congolese and West (and East) African music from the 80s and 90s whose dense, polyrhythmic percussion and interlocking guitar lines would sound amazing in surround, though I doubt there are many multi-tracks available. This famous highlife tune by Prince Nico harks back to the rhumba-based sounds of the 60s, though, and it's spare enough that a good upmixer could probably get some good instrumental separation:

Back