Hardware support help would be greatly appreciated!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stuttering can also indicate FLAC corruption, I would download the "FLAC Frontend" app and test the files to see if they return any errors.

• Wow
Reactions: GOS
Thanks for the help! The second link says that they think that NTFS format may be the culprit for stuttering, (which is what trying to get away from now) but it doesn’t answer the guys question which format is the best for the hard drive for the Vero 4K+. I don’t know that much about this, is there a speed or buffering issues between the different types of formats between NTFS, exFat, and FAT32?
The second link is, as I indicated, a "deep dive." Keep in mind that the OP was talking about UHD video stuttering. Others in that thread blamed the USB 2.0. I think most of the claims were refuted or revealed to be guesses. At any rate, I've never had any problems playing any of my files.

I was afraid of corrupt files as well, as they stutter on my Mac and Windows laptops, but if I plug the HDD into my Sony Blu-Ray player, they play perfectly using its internal player, so I’m guessing if they were corrupt, they would stutter on my Sony BD as well.
The second link is, as I indicated, a "deep dive." Keep in mind that the OP was talking about UHD video stuttering. Others in that thread blamed the USB 2.0. I think most of the claims were refuted or revealed to be guesses. At any rate, I've never had any problems playing any of my files.
I just ordered one. Thanks again! I’ll let you know how it goes!

One more thing to think of is that the timings of the signals of these various devices might not agree.

The operating system of a multitasking system divides the processor time into a series of time slices (often called "jiffies"). Players also send data out at regular intervals. A stumble happens when the player wants to send a packet of data while the current jiffy is doing something for the operating system instead of the music software, Then the player is ready to send the next packet of data, only to find that the previous packet was not sent yet because the computer was not yet ready to receive it.

One more thing to think of is that the timings of the signals of these various devices might not agree.

The operating system of a multitasking system divides the processor time into a series of time slices (often called "jiffies"). Players also send data out at regular intervals. A stumble happens when the player wants to send a packet of data while the current jiffy is doing something for the operating system instead of the music software, Then the player is ready to send the next packet of data, only to find that the previous packet was not sent yet because the computer was not yet ready to receive it.
That’s what I figured too, thx. I also thought that a HDD/laptop interface maybe had “tasks” needing their concerts and attention at conflicting times. I did buy a dedicated player in the morning..

The only thing is that when the very same songs from the HDD play through VLC on either laptop is when they stutter/Skip tiny amounts in the very same spots in the beginning of a few songs, but when I plug the HDD into my Sony BR player’s USB pirt, no skipping on the same songs

So Stupy you are absolutely right. It is VLC Media player causing the stuttering, on both laptops, whether from a thumb drive or from the HDD. Foobar2000 plays them both fine. Unfortunately, my Windows laptop is 12 year's old, slow and quirky, whereas my MacBook 1 TB laptop's new and lightning fast with the M1 chip. Unfortunately Foobar2000 does very little on a Mac, no skins, limited settings and no add-ons. So I have taken paligap's suggestion, (thanks for your help) and bought a dedicated player, the Vero 4K+ which sounds like it plays pretty much everything and has a lot of support. Thanks again to all for the help!

Back