HiRez Poll Harris, Emmylou - PRODUCER'S CUT [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Emmylou Harris - PRODUCER'S CUT

• Total voters
Thanks to you posting this, I ordered a copy. It is an exceptional disc - not least because it was only produced for the DVD-Audio. The mix from the original multitracks is reference quality. If your set-up is well-calibrated, the mix is perfectly balanced and the rears don't need to be raised at all. The best one of the Warner DVD-Audio discs I've heard. A 10, without question.View attachment 83499
This.

Purchased this a while back after reading this thread - perfect.

Just picked this one up for a cool $20 -total.

Been avoiding it for years, as it's Country which is not one of my fav. genres

Definitely in the high grass of Country on this one, but there are some nice songs on here and the mix and sound quality are excellent IMO!

Just put some shit kickin' boots on, pinch a little snuff and relax on the front porch for a good ol' down home get together.

some of the stellar musicians on this one that I recognize:

Electric Guitar ā€“ James Burton
Backing Vocals ā€“ Bernie Leadon
Piano ā€“ Bill Payne
Accordion ā€“ Garth Hudson
Electric Guitar, Mandolin ā€“ Albert Lee
Fiddle, Backing Vocals ā€“ Rick Danko
Acoustic Guitar, Fiddle & Mandolin ā€“ Ricky Skaggs
Vocals, Guitar ā€“ Johnny Cash
Dolly Parton & Linda Ronstadt

Going with a strong "9"

EH PC DVD-A.jpg

From a 2003 MixOnline interview/article:

"Working from his Easter Island Surround facility in Nashville, producer Brian Ahern has been working on the re-release of Emmylou Harrisā€™ 1980 album, Roses in the Snow, and the Johnny Cash album Silver (released on SACD in February), which were both mixed on the Yamaha DM2000 Digital Production Console to create a 5.1 mix."

Sadly never released so not available in any format.
Roses In the Snow is an acoustic gem.

Back