HiRez Poll Harrison, George - ALL THINGS MUST PASS [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of George Harrison - ALL THINGS MUST PASS

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this new 50th anniversary edition of the classic George Harrison album "All Things Must Pass".
The album has been newly remixed for its 50th anniversary in both 5.1 surround and Dolby Atmos by Paul Hicks.
The Dolby Atmos mix is also available to stream on all Dolby Atmos streaming providers.
https://music.apple.com/us/album/all-things-must-pass-50th-anniversary/1570746863
(y) :) (n)

81gQl8jDfJL._SL1500_.jpg

71DiTyRUtmS._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I have done one full listen of the Atmos mix, and followed back on a handful of tracks for a second listen. Flat out a 10 for me on the Atmos mix. It sound phenomenal. Discrete in all the right ways, respectful to the original content. Reverb remains in all the places it should and is opened up/tamed where it needed to be. I told a friend of mine that Wah-Wah sounds like the Wall of Sound has been turned into a 360º Dome of Sound.

And of course the greatest Beatles solo record of all time is a 10 for content. I also really love the packaging, simple, effective and enjoyable to read. I gave the whole thing a 10.

First off have tried Stereo, 5.1 and of course Atmos, ATMOS is most definately my go to, will never listen to the others.
It is completely immersive you are in the middle of tremendous sound, maybe slightly weighted to the heights and rears but I like it.
My 3rd listen and it just gets better hearing new stuff every time.
George would be so proud how good his first and best album now sounds, well done Paul Hicks and Dhani. Has to be surround album of the year. Needless to say Perfect 10

I'm not going to lie here, I'm only on the 8th song. First listen. Atmos.

When Isn't It A Pity kicked in, I seriously got some major goosebumps going. So far, the far exceeds my expectations. Simply, wonderful. Full, clear, and super respectful of the album. As Goona mentioned, at times, shockingly, the rears and rear height have quite a bit of information coming at you. For me, that's a good thing. Just surprised, I guess.

There is no chance this is less than a 10 for me. I hadn't listened to this album in so long, as the original album I own, just didn't sound that great. This is just immense. I think I'm in love...lmao. George really was a musical genius, and it all shines in this album. What a shame he couldn't live a longer life. What a gem he is.

I'm not going to lie here, I'm only on the 8th song. First listen. Atmos.

When Isn't It A Pity kicked in, I seriously got some major goosebumps going. So far, the far exceeds my expectations. Simply, wonderful. Full, clear, and super respectful of the album. As Goona mentioned, at times, shockingly, the rears and rear height have quite a bit of information coming at you. For me, that's a good thing. Just surprised, I guess.

There is no chance this is less than a 10 for me. I hadn't listened to this album in so long, as the original album I own, just didn't sound that great. This is just immense. I think I'm in love...lmao. George really was a musical genius, and it all shines in this album. What a shame he couldn't live a longer life. What a gem he is.
Great review, when I listened to Frankie Crisp and the voice came out of the rear it shocked me (lol).

I'm going to listen to this in Atmos via my Smyth Realiser 16 (probably after imbibing some beer in the pub!) and the new HD800S headphones which I've just got (partly because of this release, the old ones were knackered, and the dumb slow brained realisation that :eek: the Smyth box of tricks decodes Atmos!), but I've got to do a software update on the Realiser to get everything up to date first. I tried it and it does work in Atmos as I had a sound fly over my head on the latest Steven Wilson album with old headphones.

Gotta be 10. I've listened to all discs, except the 2 ch remix of the album (discs 1&2). Love it! Great music & mixes. Many great alternate versions.

"Isn't it so shitty?" (lol) - Hari Georgeson
Honestly, isn't it just a mind blower to get this title in multi-channel? Sometimes, I have to pinch myself. Just super...

Streaming is not as good as physical , low bit rates used so the 9 will be 11
it is good enough for my aging ears,on old material like this I would not hear any difference. :cool: I'm retired and will not buy any more of these big boxes.All I listen to is Apple Music in Atmos anyway.I rather use my pension money for beer and booze.🥃🍺

After an absence of forever I return to review George's Masterpiece. Sony blu, Denon receiver. The Atmos was so much better than DTS on this, like an old fashioned quad /5 channel experience. Such incredible personal songs, I see later generations digging it as well....on my setup I found the DTS more ambient where the Atmos had lots of guitars in the rear with drums front w/vocal and I loved it. The DTS also sounded more thin. Could be a system thing but my other DTS like the Beatles are much better. The Atmos was a dream come true.

it is good enough for my aging ears,on old material like this I would not hear any difference. :cool: I'm retired and will not buy any more of these big boxes.All I listen to is Apple Music in Atmos anyway.I rather use my pension money for beer and booze.🥃🍺

My ears are also aging but I can hear the difference. Your just pissing all the booze away. All things will pass.

This is a 10+ for sure!

While non-moving objects in a 7.1.2 mix, Paul Hick's use of the overheads makes it a hemisphere of true discrete sounds.

Usually I am fussy and critical of Atmos mixes with non-moving objects or fixed channels. In this case, there is so much going on in these 2 overheads, sides & rear surrounds with discrete placement of instruments and backing vocals, it's one of the best surround mixes I've heard in awhile.

With a Trinnov Altitude I can dissect the mix and solo or mute each speaker to isolate sounds. George's vocals are 90-95% in the center with just a tad LR bleed so I had my center bumped up 3 dB and occasionally solo'ed the center to clearly hear his vocals alone. Clarity+ so you could hear the nuances and occasional off-note tremors in his voice - phenomenal.

Giles Martin's mixes with Sgt Pepper's, White Album, & Abbey Rd, matured and became more adventurous with each album. But IMO Paul Hicks out-did them all. With the wall of sound reverb, it may have been challenging too ;) He deserves kudos!

While I eventually may get around to sample a few songs in stereo, for me the Atmos tracks are the one to pick. They are good.

Edit - I've had the LP set for decades & very much liked every song. So buying this was a no-brainer. With surround, Atmos or not, it's a great album.

Last edited:
Ok, shoot me, I gave it a 9. Mostly because I find some of the material weak. Sorry.

That said -- it sounds amazing in DOLBY ATMOS!!! (btw, listening in 5.4.2 DA).

I wouldn't listen to this any other way from now on. But the improved sound doesn't improve my judgement of some of the material. It would have made a great double-sided album, I think, but not a double.

That said -- it sounds amazing in DOLBY ATMOS!!! :rocks

Last edited:
Back