Has anyone the procedure for aligning the F-2589 CD-4 board - Sansui QRX-8001

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjo800

QQ Supporter
As the service manual makes no mention for adjusting the VCO and ANRS pots on the F-2589 board, has anyone here discovered the correct method? I would think that after a re-cap, these would need tweaked. On mine, the left separation control does not seem to have as much an affect as the right. I wonder if a slight adjustment might correct this?
The Akai AS-1070/1080 receivers use the CD4-392 chip and provide a method for adjusting these controls, but due to difference in actual circuit design, I'm not sure this method would work for the Sansui. Has anyone successfully accomplished this on the Sansui QRX-8001/9001?

As the service manual makes no mention for adjusting the VCO and ANRS pots on the F-2589 board, has anyone here discovered the correct method? I would think that after a re-cap, these would need tweaked. On mine, the left separation control does not seem to have as much an affect as the right. I wonder if a slight adjustment might correct this?
The Akai AS-1070/1080 receivers use the CD4-392 chip and provide a method for adjusting these controls, but due to difference in actual circuit design, I'm not sure this method would work for the Sansui. Has anyone successfully accomplished this on the Sansui QRX-8001/9001?

Hi. Banjo800

The only thing I can suggest is to contact the people at ( www.qrxrestore.com ) they restore Sansui Quad units they my give you that information a view of QQ members here have had there units restored there.

Back