Has anyone tried surround on the new Mercedes MBUX operating system?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wondering if it was capable of 5.1 surround and what it’s specific capabilities were. Looks like it’s not mentioned anywhere on this forum yet. Thanks!

If it's over Bluetooth or wifi it'll be compressed to crap and be lossy quality. Hardly anything to right home about!

The Bluetooth protocol and wifi/4glte has technical limitations to the bit rate. The Burmester will not be able to take advantage of the higher bit rate lossless now offered by Apple or any other Hi-Res music provider, ie Tidal, Qobuz, etc. Hard limited to 24 bit 44.1khz and below.

If it's over Bluetooth or wifi it'll be compressed to crap and be lossy quality. Hardly anything to right home about!

It’s not going to be! I know this is the case. First off, it will be Dolby Atmos - Apple does not have a lossless Dolby Atmos option so it will be lossy, but in any case it will be built into the MBUX and Lucid system (you choose songs on an app the car has installed, not your phone) - it won’t require your phone except maybe for internet. That way you know you are getting the best quality possible!

It’s not going to be! I know this is the case. First off, it will be Dolby Atmos - Apple does not have a lossless Dolby Atmos option so it will be lossy, but in any case it will be built into the MBUX and Lucid system (you choose songs on an app the car has installed, not your phone) - it won’t require your phone except maybe for internet. That way you know you are getting the best quality possible!
Until I see it actually work. I have my doubts. You're looking at CD quality Max and it'll be less than that kbps due to the multiple channels encoded for surround.

I agree. I cannot be over Bluetooth. I have the upgraded 3D surround system in my 2019 E63 S. It plays multichannel hi-res flacs (24bit/44.1/48K/88.2/96KHz) just fine. It would certainly be nice if they could get it working over the USB interface with Apple music on the phone using Apple Carplay/Android Auto.

https://www.burmester.de/en/Automotive/Mercedes-Benz/E-Class/

There is something special about having every major song specially mixed in Dolby Atmos professionally, despite lossy quality, accessible at our fingertips. It's becoming more mainstream! Cannot wait until we look at stereophiles the same way we look at monophiles today: archaic and out of touch!

This may be the deterrent for not test driving the Mercedes Lucid Electric vehicle

MSRP range: $77,400 - $169,000 Pricing Review
Brand: Lucid
Fuel Type: electric

NOT to mention luxury sales tax

BTW, a friend of a friend who owns a Tesla recently had to replace the Lithium ion battery which powers the car; Replacement cost$ $17K

I'll stick with my 2018 Mercedes Benz GLE SUV which actually has a cd/dvd player

Lol exactly. If I want a better sound system. Why not just do aftermarket and call it a day.

Though the bmw X5 m50i has bowers and Wilkins diamond tweeters. The eqs stereo isn't as good as the s class FYI.

Lol exactly. If I want a better sound system. Why not just do aftermarket and call it a day.

Though the bmw X5 m50i has bowers and Wilkins diamond tweeters. The eqs stereo isn't as good as the s class FYI.
I don't know which EQS sound system you are referring to, but the Burmester 3D sound system sounds pretty darn good to me in the E63. Except for a subwoofer I wouldn't change a thing.

Last edited:
Back