DVD/DTS Poll Hattler - Surround Cuts [DTS CD/DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS-CD of Hattler - SURROUND CUTS

• 10 - Great Fidelity, Great Surround, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 60.0%

Votes: 1 20.0%

Votes: 1 20.0%

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this DVD release containing a Dolby 5.1 surround mix.(y)(n)

Attachments

• hatler.jpeg
    hatler.jpeg
    254.9 KB · Views: 186
Interesting...I didn't know there was a DVD version.

I have a DTS CD of Hattler - Surround Cuts:
001 (600 x 527).jpg

Thanks to Mike mentioning it in another thread, I bought the DTS CD and quite like it. Sound quality and mix are great, music is good (not great in my opinion, but nice and chill). I very much like the track "Broken", it's the standout.

For those who don't know: musically, this is a loungy mix of Electronica and Jazz, a bit experimental overall. In addition to the link Mike posted above, here are some of the songs on Youtube (you can find almost all of them there):

Scion
Exotica
Broken (so cool!)
Nachtmaschine
Bass Camp

9 for the mix and quality, 7 for the music, makes it an 8!

I have the DTS version like @LizardKing as illustrated. The music is generally trip-hoppy like the gentler Massive Attack with female vocals plus a touch of a prog feel. The surround mix is discrete and tasteful and works perfectly with the music.

My wife and I both dig the album and would play it a lot BUT on my OPPO 93 the album keeps looping tracks. ie: the first track plays then plays again and again. If I hit the Next button then the next track will play and then play again and again until I hit the next button. Some tracks will switch naturally to the next track but most need to be nudged. This squeezes the chilling out of the album though I play semi-regularly anyway. This problem is isolated to this disc and none of my other albums exhibit this behavior. Offhand, I think I have the latest firmware.

Does anyone else have this problem with the DTS album?
(or could it be that I have a "bad" disc or a "bad Combo" of disc and OPPO 93?)
Should this kind of issue affect my rating here?

Got to take my Hattler off to this little DTS gem.
Great use of surrounds.
Didn't know there was a DVD copy until I found this poll thread.
Strange that this release gets little exposure or votes!!
A loungy mix of Electronica and Jazz, a bit experimental overall. sums it up very well, as stated by The Bright Side
This a very good surround mix (I'll repeat that)
I like it
And I'm hovering between a 9 and a 10
It's a nine, as it just misses that extra wow factor by a smidgen.

Last edited:
Back