• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Hawkwind - Warrior on the Edge of Time

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

neil wilkes

Neil - I have done a bit more delving on the Panasonic dvd player, and pleased to say I have now got the video section of the disc working. In the set up menu under "Others" there is a setting for dvd video mode which needs to be on to allow you to access the dvd video section of dvd-a discs. In my PM to you I was getting mixed up with the different audio menus on the dvd-a and dvd video so ignore that.

But just need to query why in the dvd-a audio menu the DD, DTS and flat transfer options come up in that menu when they don't work on the dvd-a, just the lossless versions work on that on that menu.

Anymore info on how to get the dvd-a to play in the Linn cd/sacd/dvd-a player ?

All in all an excellent set - well done to all concerned.
Good questions on the Linn player, and I can only surmize that it is accessing the AOB streams directly (no menus etc) and as such when an AUDIO_TS.IFO file gets loaded & it goes into DVDA mode it is ignoring the VOB files in Video_TS.
Drop me an email to discuss please? I PM'd my email addy across. We need to bring this to Linn's attention as they need to sort it in firmware - but I have a solution for you in the short term as well.

The Quadfather

Since 2002/2003
Well, I got my copy of Hawkwind. The surround is good, some of the music is very good, but it has some drek in there too. So, I'll definitely be using the skip button with this one.
The Quadfather

fuller

Good questions on the Linn player, and I can only surmize that it is accessing the AOB streams directly (no menus etc) and as such when an AUDIO_TS.IFO file gets loaded & it goes into DVDA mode it is ignoring the VOB files in Video_TS.
Drop me an email to discuss please? I PM'd my email addy across. We need to bring this to Linn's attention as they need to sort it in firmware - but I have a solution for you in the short term as well.
PM'd you Neil.

fuller

PM'd you Neil.

hwkn

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I got received this set for Christmas[ended up with 2 will be selling 1 eventually]but haven't listened to it yet.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
I was just wondering today if this reissue sold well enough to encourage the band to allow Steven Wilson to remix more of their albums in 5.1 surround.
I certainly hope so, as I would buy them ASAP! :)

jaypfunk

Is there anybody out there that has this that would be willing to make a trade for a copy? Please PM me.

hafquark

I was just wondering today if this reissue sold well enough to encourage the band to allow Steven Wilson to remix more of their albums in 5.1 surround.
I certainly hope so, as I would buy them ASAP! :)
I was wondering about that, too. Would love to see "In Search of Space," "Quark, Strangeness, and Charm," Doremi," and "In the Hall of the Mountain Grill".

I'd buy any one of those in a heartbeat :)

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
And, just for some rock history. Lemmy, before joining Hawkwind, was in a 60's psychedelic band called Sam Gopal. He sang all the songs.....I love it. I'm going to chase down a vinyl......

Beefalo

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
It wound be wonderful to get some Hawkwind that actually sounds good. I think they're a great band but were cursed with poor sounding releases.
I used to listen to them and offshoots almost exclusively.
Then I got my SACD player and tried selections that got good reviews on this website.
I got spoiled real quick.
That was it. No more Hawkwind.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
It wound be wonderful to get some Hawkwind that actually sounds good. I think they're a great band but were cursed with poor sounding releases.
I used to listen to them and offshoots almost exclusively.
Then I got my SACD player and tried selections that got good reviews on this website.
I got spoiled real quick.
That was it. No more Hawkwind.
I don't follow your post Beef....so are you saying you like this release, or you do not?

SHB

I wish Mr Wilson would do a 5.1 remix of Hall of the Mountain Grill or Quark, Strangeness and Charm. If he would like to both, I wouldn’t stop him.

Group builder