Hawkwind - Warrior on the Edge of Time

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neil - I have done a bit more delving on the Panasonic dvd player, and pleased to say I have now got the video section of the disc working. In the set up menu under "Others" there is a setting for dvd video mode which needs to be on to allow you to access the dvd video section of dvd-a discs. In my PM to you I was getting mixed up with the different audio menus on the dvd-a and dvd video so ignore that.

But just need to query why in the dvd-a audio menu the DD, DTS and flat transfer options come up in that menu when they don't work on the dvd-a, just the lossless versions work on that on that menu.

Anymore info on how to get the dvd-a to play in the Linn cd/sacd/dvd-a player ?

All in all an excellent set - well done to all concerned.

Good questions on the Linn player, and I can only surmize that it is accessing the AOB streams directly (no menus etc) and as such when an AUDIO_TS.IFO file gets loaded & it goes into DVDA mode it is ignoring the VOB files in Video_TS.
Drop me an email to discuss please? I PM'd my email addy across. We need to bring this to Linn's attention as they need to sort it in firmware - but I have a solution for you in the short term as well.

Well, I got my copy of Hawkwind. The surround is good, some of the music is very good, but it has some drek in there too. So, I'll definitely be using the skip button with this one.
The Quadfather

Good questions on the Linn player, and I can only surmize that it is accessing the AOB streams directly (no menus etc) and as such when an AUDIO_TS.IFO file gets loaded & it goes into DVDA mode it is ignoring the VOB files in Video_TS.
Drop me an email to discuss please? I PM'd my email addy across. We need to bring this to Linn's attention as they need to sort it in firmware - but I have a solution for you in the short term as well.

PM'd you Neil.

PM'd you Neil.

I got received this set for Christmas[ended up with 2 will be selling 1 eventually]but haven't listened to it yet.

I was just wondering today if this reissue sold well enough to encourage the band to allow Steven Wilson to remix more of their albums in 5.1 surround.
I certainly hope so, as I would buy them ASAP! :)

Is there anybody out there that has this that would be willing to make a trade for a copy? Please PM me.

I was just wondering today if this reissue sold well enough to encourage the band to allow Steven Wilson to remix more of their albums in 5.1 surround.
I certainly hope so, as I would buy them ASAP! :)

I was wondering about that, too. Would love to see "In Search of Space," "Quark, Strangeness, and Charm," Doremi," and "In the Hall of the Mountain Grill".

I'd buy any one of those in a heartbeat :)

Hawkwind, Warrior On The Edge Of Time just arrived and I am going to listen now to the 5.1 DVD-A. A very big and beautiful box set. Is that Lemmy I see in one of the pictures playing bass?
index.jpg

It wound be wonderful to get some Hawkwind that actually sounds good. I think they're a great band but were cursed with poor sounding releases.
I used to listen to them and offshoots almost exclusively.
Then I got my SACD player and tried selections that got good reviews on this website.
I got spoiled real quick.
That was it. No more Hawkwind.

It wound be wonderful to get some Hawkwind that actually sounds good. I think they're a great band but were cursed with poor sounding releases.
I used to listen to them and offshoots almost exclusively.
Then I got my SACD player and tried selections that got good reviews on this website.
I got spoiled real quick.
That was it. No more Hawkwind.
I don't follow your post Beef....so are you saying you like this release, or you do not?

I wish Mr Wilson would do a 5.1 remix of Hall of the Mountain Grill or Quark, Strangeness and Charm. If he would like to both, I wouldn’t stop him.

Back