HDMI to 5.1 analog audio extractor found

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
audio "embedder" vs. "de-embedder".

I see 2ch, and toslink, and then video/audio production formats, with high prices.

There might be some DSP and/or Raspberry Pi stuff you could stack together...

Ah, OK. I was going to say if they can sell them that cheap then maybe a licensing deal could be found w/o breaking the bank.
Don't think I've ever seen an analog > HDMI converter before.
We include a HDMI to rca converter in our Y4 product, dunno if it should be included in the SM?

Chucky, absolutely you should!! In the US these days, very few AVRs are being produced that have RCA multichannel inputs. The ones that do start at $2000-$3000 -and up.
Remember that is inputs, the extractors do not output HDMI.....they output RCA

My point exactly. I can't use a Surround Master without RCA inputs on my AVR, so there is no point in buying one. (hint, hint) :)

Thanks for clarifying! So, anyone selling a product with an HDMI jack on it, even an inexpensive converter, has to pay the license fee?

What would be very useful to those of us who use old school seperates and have no desire for an AVR is a 5.1 switch box with 2 or 3 inputs.
(There's a hint there Chucky;))
I've used switch boxes from SPL and from Coleman. A Coleman 7.1SW is the core of my system now. What features, other than just input switching, do you need?

A level control would be a necessity. I've seen the Coleman. Too rich for a retired geezer.
I use either a Microsoft Surface Dial or this:
1669858678255.jpeg

I've used switch boxes from SPL and from Coleman. A Coleman 7.1SW is the core of my system now. What features, other than just input switching, do you need?
Thanks to Kal I use this switch box in my family room system to switch between my 5.1 music (Exasound s88 DAC) and AV SSP and I agree it’s sonically transparent!

search on amazon for "usb audio controller knob"

There are multiple choices in the $30 range.

I have one of these -Griffin Technology PowerMate 1040-PMT USB Multimedia Controller and Input Device (Aluminum, PC/Mac) - that I had used in the past, but I guess that one is no longer available.

There are also computer keyboards with a volume knob.

Search for "multimedia keyboard with volume knob"

Back