Helen Reddy Dead at 78

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you hear about artists and musicians from the 70's passing away its reality hitting you in the face like a shovel

I liked them both and its sad

RIP

When you hear about artists and musicians from the 70's passing away its reality hitting you in the face like a shovel

I liked them both and its sad

RIP
I didn't have their records when they were current but knew the hits by heart as they were all over the radio and TV. I woke up to the news of Helen Reddy on the clock radio and later heard about Mac Davis shortly after. They passed within a couple hours of each other apparently. I used to watch all the music shows on TV on Saturday evenings and Sundays after Disney at 6pm. I wish today's TV had that kind of entertainment still. This news makes me very sad.

I didn't have their records when they were current but knew the hits by heart as they were all over the radio and TV.

Same here. (And because the girls on my school bus sang them incessantly.)

I used to watch all the music shows on TV on Saturday evenings and Sundays after Disney at 6pm.

Ditto again. I remember watching both Reddy's and Davis's variety shows--and seeing Reddy on Flip Wilson and Carol Burnett. On the latter, especially, it was clear to me, even as a kid, that Reddy had a wry and occasionally wicked sense of humor.

If I'm remembering right, Reddy also included a few songs penned by Davis on her early albums. She was reputedly a champion of several young, up-and-coming songwriters of the day.

Back