HELL FROZE OVER, i.e., revelations in your music taste / "I can't believe I like this!"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s a few that I was opposed to in my youth (and when they were in their prime) that I now love or at least like and appreciate:

The Carpenters (Karen is now my second favorite female vocalist)
Bread
America
Chicago

I guess I do not own anything by Madge although I admire her, if only because she was smart enough to get a voice coach back then to learn how to really sing, but I had never heard "Ray of Light" even though I love William Orbit's ouvre...
I got a hold of an LP rip and lo, and behold.. I LOVE IT!

BTW, it sounds really enveloping through Foobar's "upmix to 5.1" option.
The track "Ray Of Light" is a cover version

she is gorgeous...I know, she walked only a few inches from me last year... and she is a nice person, too...and she has a sense of humor... I'd better stop cause I have sworn off Sadge women...(yeah, like I have a chance, HA!)

Well, I have never been ashamed to like ABBA and Disco in the 70s, Duran Duran in the 80s and other stuff but,a s opposed to Taylah, Madge is a well known megalomaniac who believes is above everyone else and that's where I draw the line!

and not this one ;)

NC04MjkzLmpwZWc.jpeg
I will admit Madonna can be quite the BALL BUSTER. In her doc TRUTH OR DARE she was leading her then boy friend Warren Beatty condescendingly around by the nose ring and when after one of her acrobatic concerts Kevin Costner went back stage to congratulate her, she asked " So What did you think of the Concert?" He repliced "NICE!" NICE, she goes just NICE expecting him to go head over heals over her performance.

But her music remains infectious and whether she has a strong trained voice is STILL up for debate. After all, she IS MADONNA!

As for SWIFTY, she IS undeniably gorgeous and talented ....just don't date her or SHE WILL WRITE A SONG ABOUT YOU!

R.ba33b66e0163fa945493924dda206296

Last edited:
Back