Hello from Canada's capital!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Area Resident

Hello folks. Thanks for adding me. I just got my quad set up over the course of the past few months. A Pioneer QX-949, Dynaco speakers, Thorens turntable and a Marantz Superscope quad player for carts. I've collected about 10 LPs and about as many Q8 carts. I already have a few favourites.
I'm a musician who goes by the name Area Resident, which I do between split shifts as a traffic reporter on CBC radio.
Really enjoying quad mixes of songs and albums I've loved forever. In all cases, it's like hearing them for the first time -- many times because the mixes are entirely different, some with different parts. (Hello, Wish You Were Here!).
Anyway, thanks!

Hello folks. Thanks for adding me. I just got my quad set up over the course of the past few months. A Pioneer QX-949, Dynaco speakers, Thorens turntable and a Marantz Superscope quad player for carts. I've collected about 10 LPs and about as many Q8 carts. I already have a few favourites.
I'm a musician who goes by the name Area Resident, which I do between split shifts as a traffic reporter on CBC radio.
Really enjoying quad mixes of songs and albums I've loved forever. In all cases, it's like hearing them for the first time -- many times because the mixes are entirely different, some with different parts. (Hello, Wish You Were Here!).
Anyway, thanks!
Anyway, thanks!
Small world, pretty sure I just purchased an item from you off Discogs, just recently created an account as well!

Anyway, thanks!

Welcome to the forum. Quad 8 tracks can be problematic sometimes, but with a TLC massage can be played well enough on modern systems. Take into account that these are +- 50 years old media that in the intention of the original designers and marketer (Lear Jet and then RCA) were supposed to last between six months to one year!
Don't forget also modern digital media, many old quads found their way to some kind of digital disc and it can be cheaper than good old quad stuff.
But the sweetness of the Ka-Chung track change can't be replicated... :)

Back