Hello from Northern Virginia! Newbie Alert ⚠️

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James_in_VA

Hi all! I'm James and I live in Manassas, VA. That is where the Civil War began . . . the first one anyway! ;-) I'm getting back into the hobby while getting my life back on track after a rough divorce. I had bought and listened to a few 5.1 SACDs and DVD-As but haven't had anything set up in the last 10 years. I have a low end Denon 7.2 Atmos DVR, an Oppo BDP-103, and some old Polk speakers ready to set up once my basement is finished (by August I hope). Right now I'm just listening through Monoprice headphones and a cheap headphone amp using the Oppo. I also play guitar and have played in a few bar bands. I listen to a lot of hard rock and metal but also enjoy prog and power pop. I've seen at least a few hundred concerts going back to 1979. I get my greatest joy from being a father to my 13 year old daughter and from my service dog, Lily (In a vet still undergoing treatment for PTSD). I look forward to adding the listening of surround music to my sources of joy. I've never heard Atmos music so I have a lot of catching up to do. As such, I'll apologize in advance for the dumb questions! Thanks for having me!
FB_IMG_1680826639269.jpg

Hi all! I'm James and I live in Manassas, VA. That is where the Civil War began . . . the first one anyway! ;-) I'm getting back into the hobby while getting my life back on track after a rough divorce. I had bought and listened to a few 5.1 SACDs and DVD-As but haven't had anything set up in the last 10 years. I have a low end Denon 7.2 Atmos DVR, an Oppo BDP-103, and some old Polk speakers ready to set up once my basement is finished (by August I hope). Right now I'm just listening through Monoprice headphones and a cheap headphone amp using the Oppo. I also play guitar and have played in a few bar bands. I listen to a lot of hard rock and metal but also enjoy prog and power pop. I've seen at least a few hundred concerts going back to 1979. I get my greatest joy from being a father to my 13 year old daughter and from my service dog, Lily (In a vet still undergoing treatment for PTSD). I look forward to adding the listening of surround music to my sources of joy. I've never heard Atmos music so I have a lot of catching up to do. As such, I'll apologize in advance for the dumb questions! Thanks for having me!View attachment 90326
Nice intro & great pic, James. Glad to have you here!

Hi all! I'm James and I live in Manassas, VA. That is where the Civil War began . . . the first one anyway! ;-) I'm getting back into the hobby while getting my life back on track after a rough divorce. I had bought and listened to a few 5.1 SACDs and DVD-As but haven't had anything set up in the last 10 years. I have a low end Denon 7.2 Atmos DVR, an Oppo BDP-103, and some old Polk speakers ready to set up once my basement is finished (by August I hope). Right now I'm just listening through Monoprice headphones and a cheap headphone amp using the Oppo. I also play guitar and have played in a few bar bands. I listen to a lot of hard rock and metal but also enjoy prog and power pop. I've seen at least a few hundred concerts going back to 1979. I get my greatest joy from being a father to my 13 year old daughter and from my service dog, Lily (In a vet still undergoing treatment for PTSD). I look forward to adding the listening of surround music to my sources of joy. I've never heard Atmos music so I have a lot of catching up to do. As such, I'll apologize in advance for the dumb questions! Thanks for having me!View attachment 90326
Hi, James! I moved from Springfield about five years ago after retirement. Sad about the divorce and PTSD, but hopefully the music will help you move on. We're a friendly bunch here, although we're dangerous to your finances!

Back