Hello from Texas USA too!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vjdave

Hello everyone!

I noticed someone else from Texas posted in here recently!

I joined in 2018 but have mostly been lurking, so I figured I better make an introduction.

I am from Texas as well and have also been gifted a Pioneer QX-949 receiver. (I guess everyone from Texas is being gifted Pioneer QX-949 receivers! LOL!)

My QX-949 that I was gifted is not the "A" version (QX-949a) so it doesn't have the SQ Full logic decoder, but considering the only quad music I currently own is on reel-to-reel and I have only interest in discrete formats, that isn't a showstopper for me.

Speaking of discrete formats, I am considering giving CD-4 a try since this receiver has a CD-4 decoder. The issue is that I have a Technics linear tracking turntable that takes a P-Mount (T4P) cartridge. I know that P-mount cartridges are frowned upon for CD-4 based on some old posts I found on here, but I wanted to ask if there are any P - Mount cartridges that can handle CD-4 reasonably well? Preferably ones that are in production today?

I will post this question in the proper section since this is just introductions.

Thanks!

Hello everyone!

I noticed someone else from Texas posted in here recently!

I joined in 2018 but have mostly been lurking, so I figured I better make an introduction.

I am from Texas as well and have also been gifted a Pioneer QX-949 receiver. (I guess everyone from Texas is being gifted Pioneer QX-949 receivers! LOL!)

My QX-949 that I was gifted is not the "A" version (QX-949a) so it doesn't have the SQ Full logic decoder, but considering the only quad music I currently own is on reel-to-reel and I have only interest in discrete formats, that isn't a showstopper for me.

Speaking of discrete formats, I am considering giving CD-4 a try since this receiver has a CD-4 decoder. The issue is that I have a Technics linear tracking turntable that takes a P-Mount (T4P) cartridge. I know that P-mount cartridges are frowned upon for CD-4 based on some old posts I found on here, but I wanted to ask if there are any P - Mount cartridges that can handle CD-4 reasonably well? Preferably ones that are in production today?

I will post this question in the proper section since this is just introductions.

Thanks!
(y)

Back