Hello from Vancouver Island

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found this group while looking up some of my old quad gear that surfaced after our move to Vancouver Island from Edmonton.
I have not set up my quad system since the late 80’s.
Having downsized there is no room to set up the two PSB Two Channel Subwoofers never mind the receiver, amp, Fosgate Tate Ii Model 101a, DBX Model 118, Nakamichi 680ZX cassette recorder, B&O Beogram 8000, etc.
Trying to figure out what to do with it all.

Just found this group while looking up some of my old quad gear that surfaced after our move to Vancouver Island from Edmonton.
I have not set up my quad system since the late 80’s.
Having downsized there is no room to set up the two PSB Two Channel Subwoofers never mind the receiver, amp, Fosgate Tate Ii Model 101a, DBX Model 118, Nakamichi 680ZX cassette recorder, B&O Beogram 8000, etc.
Trying to figure out what to do with it all.

Welcome to the forum.....In time, you will figure out what to do with your wonderful toys! And you have a LOT of catching up to do but's it's all glorious FUN!

Ex-Edmontonian here who moved east instead of further left. It’s heavenly when the sun is shining. Given your load of audio gear I imagine you were a customer of Audio Ark?

Welcome to the forum - enjoy the ride!

I lived on Van Isle for almost 20 years before my relocation to the high desert of NM...Toronto born and raised!

Welcome to the forum :) I've done a bunch of my PhD work on the island (forestry stuff); always thought about moving out there but am in the Lower Mainland for now. Set up your stuff! A lot has been done in surround/quad (Atmos now....). Worth digging into!

I have many relatives and friends on the island. It's a popular place to move to, and much warmer than most of the rest of the country!

I would set up the Tate right away. As a long time Quady I wouldn't want to live without the type of surround that it produces! Although your story is not uncommon, I can't imagine having my quad stuff packed away for that long!

First, welcome!
Second, one thing I insisted on when we were looking for the house we have now is a room where I could set up a dedicated listening area - I hope you get that and have as much fun setting it up as I have.

First, welcome!
Second, one thing I insisted on when we were looking for the house we have now is a room where I could set up a dedicated listening area - I hope you get that and have as much fun setting it up as I have.
Sadly there is no room that will accommodate the PSB Subwoofers, each is two feet by three feet and about 20 inches tall, the size is due to the two long throw 8” woofers in each unit. They give wonderful sound imaging but take up too much real estate. So sadly will likely be selling off all the components, it seems wrong to have it all stored in the workshop.

Back