Help connecting my Marantz AVR to a monitor.....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newslane

QQ Supporter
Hi everyone....I have a Marantz SR 5015 AVR that was working wonderfully until I disconnected it while I painted my listening room. Today I was reconnecting it but I have encountered a problem. The solution must be looking me in the face, but I am missing it.

I'm using all of the same equipment and wires I had when I disconnected it - same HDMI cables, same monitor, and the same Blu-Ray player (Sony UPB-X800M2). See the attached photo - I am connecting the HDMI in to the Blu Ray connection slot, and the monitor out to the Monitor2 slot (my monitor is not ARC compatable). I tried all the reasonable slots in various combinations without luck.

I have tried different HDMI cables and different monitors. One monitor says on the screen, "check your connections", but none of them show the menu.

rear panel Marantz.JPG

Here's the weird part - when I hit play on the Blu-Ray, the music starts when I unplug the monitor. When I plug it back in, the music stops.

Any ideas? Thank you. John

Hi everyone....I have a Marantz SR 5015 AVR that was working wonderfully until I disconnected it while I painted my listening room. Today I was reconnecting it but I have encountered a problem. The solution must be looking me in the face, but I am missing it.

I'm using all of the same equipment and wires I had when I disconnected it - same HDMI cables, same monitor, and the same Blu-Ray player (Sony UPB-X800M2). See the attached photo - I am connecting the HDMI in to the Blu Ray connection slot, and the monitor out to the Monitor2 slot (my monitor is not ARC compatable). I tried all the reasonable slots in various combinations without luck.

I have tried different HDMI cables and different monitors. One monitor says on the screen, "check your connections", but none of them show the menu.

View attachment 70130

Here's the weird part - when I hit play on the Blu-Ray, the music starts when I unplug the monitor. When I plug it back in, the music stops.

I have an older Onkyo receiver in my bedroom and since my OPPO 205 [like the SONY 800] has TWO HDMI outputs, I plugged the video output directly into my LG OLED Monitor and the second HDMI into DVD/BD~V. And funny thing.....well NOT so funny .... when I tried to play SACD with the TV monitor ON ....NO Sound. When I turned the TV monitor off .... it played FINE.

Another peculiarity ....sometimes for NO reason HDMI cables DO fail. Do you have any back~up HDMI cables?

I have an older Onkyo receiver in my bedroom and since my OPPO 205 [like the SONY 800] has TWO HDMI outputs, I plugged the video output directly into my LG OLED Monitor and the second HDMI into DVD/BD~V. And funny thing.....well NOT so funny .... when I tried to play SACD with the TV monitor ON ....NO Sound. When I turned the TV monitor off .... it played FINE.

Another peculiarity ....sometimes for NO reason HDMI cables DO fail. Do you have any back~up HDMI cables?
Yes, I have tried multiple HDMI cables between the monitor and the AVR and the Blu-Ray and the AVR.

View attachment 70130

U sure u using correct hdmi outputs from Sony player

I have a Marantz SR7013 and Sony UPB-X800 all connected to my Sony X90F TV via HDMI cables. A few things you could try if you haven't already:
1. Try using the ARC HDMI out regardless of whether your monitor is ARC-enabled.
2. Try using the DVD HDMI in for your Sony player.
3. Switch everything off at the wall, wait a few seconds and then switch on again. Try switching your equipment on in this order: Marantz, wait 30 seconds, then your Sony player, wait 30 seconds, then your monitor. I've hardly ever had any HDMI issues but when I occasionally have, I've found that when I switch everything on this order, everything behaves.

I have a Marantz SR7013 and Sony UPB-X800 all connected to my Sony X90F TV via HDMI cables. A few things you could try if you haven't already:
1. Try using the ARC HDMI out regardless of whether your monitor is ARC-enabled.
2. Try using the DVD HDMI in for your Sony player.
3. Switch everything off at the wall, wait a few seconds and then switch on again. Try switching your equipment on in this order: Marantz, wait 30 seconds, then your Sony player, wait 30 seconds, then your monitor. I've hardly ever had any HDMI issues but when I occasionally have, I've found that when I switch everything on this order, everything behaves.
Thanks Tim...will try this.

Also, in your Marantz AVR menu under Video, you have the choice of enabling HDMI 1, HDMI 2, or Both. I would keep it at Both.
I would need the monitor to work to do this, right? I even tried just disconnecting the Blu-Ray and just turning on the Marantz, thinking I would see the main Marantz menu. Tried both HDMI outs, too. Nothing.

Were any of the cables left in place during the work? If so, were they damaged?

Back