Help finding a pre/pro or AVR with ATMOS

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear it rates higher than the Emotiva line. It sounds great and the firmware updates just work. I think it’s made by ATI for Monoprice. It’s the one I’d buy if I was in the market for a higher priced Pre-Pro but what I like about my AVR is that I use the amps to power my height speakers too. Good luck!
Both the Emotiva RMC-1 and the Monoprice HTP-1 are reviewed in Audio Science Review. Both initially ended up on the not-recommended list. An update by Emotiva yielded a more acceptable result for the RMC-1. My take is, for the amount of money involved, both models should offer better performance.

Yes, Kris's review (and I have an email into him yesterday) and the one on Audioholics, are the reasons I am high on this pre/pro. I meant if any of us quad forum users had real world feedback. Thx
I
If I had the money I would be all over it,but is is not up for sale in Norway.

Both the Emotiva RMC-1 and the Monoprice HTP-1 are reviewed in Audio Science Review. Both initially ended up on the not-recommended list. An update by Emotiva yielded a more acceptable result for the RMC-1. My take is, for the amount of money involved, both models should offer better performance.
I am not a disciple of ASR but yes, Amir didn't like them. Thanks. I am really wishing an AVR had balanced outs, and I know a couple older Marantz's did, but doubt they do all the 3D codecs I'd like to have (Atmos, Auro, DTS-X). Argh! :)

I am not a disciple of ASR but yes, Amir didn't like them. Thanks. I am really wishing an AVR had balanced outs, and I know a couple older Marantz's did, but doubt they do all the 3D codecs I'd like to have (Atmos, Auro, DTS-X). Argh! :)
I hope you find something that works for you. I'm in the same boat in that I would like to upgrade my Pre-pro, but it seems the best options (except for the balanced outputs) are actually higher end AVR's.

Even the higher end Anthem and Arcam, etc AVR's jettison the balanced outs (real estate on back panel gets too crowded when needing speaker terminals, etc). So it's likely gonna be pre/pro and amps. :(

You’re right! I completely forgot about that. A higher end Denon it is then.

acurus muse is superaudiophile quality for modest cost.
Thanks for the heads up. The Muse is slowly moving its way to the top of my list, but "modest price" is relative. :)

My only issues so far:
1) Acurus's proprietary room correction (Aspeqt) is brand new (after an 18 month wait) and seems to be (practically) installer oriented. There are no reviews about it, and the kit costs owners $2500 if they want to procure themselves. I'm sure dealers/installers will charge $$ to come out, but not $2500. It's 4 UMIK-1 mics and a preamp (street price of less than $500).
2) Muse does not support Aero-3D immersive audio format, but reviews say the "auto" function does a good job and folks who initially wanted Auromatic say it's somewhat moot now. Not sure of the devil in those details.

Pick neutral speakers and position them decoupled from room boundaries, that way they don't need much calibration above Schroeder.

Yes their aspect is still a work in progress but the processors out of the box are reference-grade in musicality.Auro 3D is dead or will be as soon as the new Dolby Surround next generation upmixer propagates out of the D&M brands. I love it.

Back