Help! Grandma' needs a music Media Player

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winopener

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Hello all,
to be fair, she's still going with a 8-track player but never managed anything digital. You can guess that 8 tracks tapes are not so easy to find...

Anyway, i need to find out a software player with a interface that is as dumb as possible. Touch devices available, no mouse no key.
Ideal would be something that with large fonts shows a A B C D E F... screen, pressing for example B will list the artist that begins with B, pressing the artist the album available with Play.
Back button to going back on the menu.
LARGE fonts are mandatory.
No mch playback, stereo only, even MP3-only (ouch!) players are ok.
Target device a 10" win pc with touchscreen. Android possible as alternative.

Suggestions?

FIIO devices are nice but too small. I've settled on a 10-12" touchscreen as the larger possible device for the place where it has to be, she won't find useful something like a cell phone.

faa9ecbfe704b70866993f87724472ea

Sony HAP-S1

Nice idea, but pricey. 999$ is a bit too high...

What about the Amazon Echo Show? Comes in 10" and 8" versions, webcam/mic (if you want to do skype etc), touchscreen, Alexa voice control, 2x 10w speakers (in the 10" version anyway), and pretty cheap compared to similar devices, etc etc.

Good suggestion, need to dig it further. Thanks.

I don't know about elsewhere (and I feel like I'm starting to move into Amazon shill territory here) but in Canada at least, Amazon is having "Prime Day" October 13-14 and a lot of stuff is going to be on sale, including presumably some of their devices, so if you're looking at buying one of these you might wait until then to purchase.

Good suggestion, there is a prime day here too on the same dates.

OUCH!!!!!
That's a serious problem on such a device!

I set my mom up with a Bose Soundtouch and she's pretty much never called for tech support. She mostly uses it for internet radio - but I'm told she sometimes uses it for Apple music as well off her iPad.

Good suggestion even if it does involve TWO devices (soundtouch +tablet) , will dig it.

Back