Help need your comments: Needle Drop Configurations for CD-4 no RIAA EQ via Phono to PC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cometphoton

Looking for comments on the attached circuit. I want to build a Phono Circuit. The circuit uses a Turntable / CD4 Cartridge that inputs signals directly into a PC.

Then use PC DAW software to create music files. Next the goal is to use 3rd party software ( Example Stereo Lab ) to Equalize, Decode the files I build into a 5.1 files.
I will do this for CD4 and other Quad Formats.

Circuit Flow
CD4 turntable phono jacks > Radio Shack 274-017C transformer > Presonus Balanced input to Mic Pre amp > Firewire into a PC> DAW Software to build file
Then Drop File into Stereo Lab software and process into 5.1.

Attachments

• IMG-2062.jpg
    IMG-2062.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 6
The Radio Shack 274-017C transformer might not have the needed frequency response on the high end, being made for instrument DI into a mixer. It also might reduce level. I'd try to go unbalanced into a preamp.

The Radio Shack 274-017C transformer might not have the needed frequency response on the high end, being made for instrument DI into a mixer. It also might reduce level. I'd try to go unbalanced into a preamp.
Thanks for the comments, Are you aquainted with Stereo Lab Software? I will take it into consideration. The unbalanced signals are very low or weak. So what do you recomend to compensate for the low signals.

Back