Help/Suggestion Request: Remote RCA transmitter for center channel and subs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karlkastner

300 Club - QQ All-Star
My great room is roughly 30 wide × 20 deep x 17 high, with the stereo closet on the back-left wall.

The room was essentially prewired for 4.0, which is great. I'd like to add a center channel up front(3rd Belle) and 2 subs (SVS cylinder) to the side walls. Wiring these 3 speakers would be difficult. Wood floor and walkways to traverse. High ceiling would make a speaker wire run up, over, and down, daunting.

So I'd like to try a to send a remote RCA signal to the center and subs. With an added amp at/for the center channel.

A quick search found this example...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FB1NTP6/ref=cm_sw_r_taa_4QuTEb2N6NXYY
Have any of you done this? Can you recommend a specific transponder/receiver combo that has worked well? Is signal delay a significant issue?

Thanks for your input. Or is that output?

My great room is roughly 30 wide × 20 deep x 17 high, with the stereo closet on the back-left wall.

The room was essentially prewired for 4.0, which is great. I'd like to add a center channel up front(3rd Belle) and 2 subs (SVS cylinder) to the side walls. Wiring these 3 speakers would be difficult. Wood floor and walkways to traverse. High ceiling would make a speaker wire run up, over, and down, daunting.

So I'd like to try a to send a remote RCA signal to the center and subs. With an added amp at/for the center channel.

Have any of you done this? Can you recommend a specific transponder/receiver combo that has worked well? Is signal delay a significant issue?

Id be concerned about a latency issue... like center and sub signals being delayed with respect to the four mains.

Used several of these during the years, various brands, but not for integration of a mch set like your. Last one i've set was last year in a church to pass across the mixer out which is on one of the short walls to the other in the front, 14 meters straight, then amplify with two powered speakers, and have not seen big delay problems, since there is already an amplification+speakers and large room echo, but on your system it may happen, also with phase issues.
So, i wouldn't suggest that solution for your system.

I haven't used that same brand but a couple of others just like it. There's no A/D or D/A involved. The audio is real time analog & Frequency Modulated so the noise is pretty good on it & there would be no synch issues. However at that low price per set you know it's not Hi-Fi Golden Ear Audiophile quality. I don't know how reveling your system is or how picky you are might not be an issue.

I agree with winopener phase/polarity could be an issue. In the case of center front it should be obvious if there's a polarity issue. Just reverse the leads on center front if there is. Most powered sub woofs I've seen have variable phase so that could fix a problem as well.

BTW, take into account that, if you have digital out available, the yellow RCA plug can send SPDIF signal without problem; did this trick a couple of times and worked like a charm, feeding Spdif on the transmitter and a Spdif decoder on the receiver, then amp/speakers.

....However at that low price per set you know it's not Hi-Fi Golden Ear Audiophile quality. I don't know how reveling your system is or how picky you are might not be an issue.

Thanks Sonik Wiz. I thought about the price/quality aspect. And if anyone had done it here, maybe a higher fidelity company and unit would be known. With all of these wireless speakers nowadays, I thought a quality RCA send/receive solution might exist.

I'll search further for a "brand name" unit.

BTW, take into account that, if you have digital out available, the yellow RCA plug can send SPDIF signal without problem; did this trick a couple of times and worked like a charm, feeding Spdif on the transmitter and a Spdif decoder on the receiver, then amp/speakers.

My Oppo 105 has an analog center and a digital coaxial output. I was thinking of transmitting the analog across the room. If there is a better way using the coaxial, could you describe?

I'm ghosting the center channel right now. With the "dummy" Belle in place, its pretty convincing.

Of course my other alternative is a long speaker wire run, hidden under an area rug. Any good flat wire recommendations?

My Oppo 105 has an analog center and a digital coaxial output. I was thinking of transmitting the analog across the room. If there is a better way using the coaxial, could you describe?

I'm ghosting the center channel right now. With the "dummy" Belle in place, its pretty convincing.

Of course my other alternative is a long speaker wire run, hidden under an area rug. Any good flat wire recommendations?

I don't think you need to get too fancy:
https://www.parts-express.com/cat/flat-speaker-wire/1619
I used wire like this but 12 ga under the carpet for my rear chs. Many years later no continuity problems from being walked on & no impressions on the carpet.

Back