Help with some Oppo 103 specs, please

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 103 does not play 4K blu-rays, someone gave you false information. You need a 203 or 205 and those are demanding quite a premium these days.

Well, I'm probably the guilty party there. What I said originally was that the 103 "plays 4K BDs, but not natively," when what I should have said was that it outputs 4K, but not natively. Misunderstanding on my part.

Last edited:
Well, I'm probably the guilty party there. What I said originally was that the 103 "plays 4K BDs, but not natively," when what I should have said was that it outputs 4K, but not natively. Misunderstanding on my part.
My comment wasn’t meant as an attack on anyone, just trying to point in the right direction 😁

You are correct in saying it will upscale 2K sources!

Thanks guys...looks like I need a 4K BD player

I know you have Kodi PK. Kodi will play 4K UHD rips. You just need a 4K UHD drive for your PC and MakeMKV to rip.

Not sure what your Kodi player is. Intel NUCs from 8 onwards will do 4K HDR. For Dolby Vision you’ll need an Android based player, like the Amazon Firestick 4K Max.

Reactions: PK
Plus... The OPPO BDP-10x range of players can be used to 'back-up' SACD's to native DSD audio streams...
I thank my lucky stars that back in 2016, I was able to snag a floor model BDP-103D at a Hi-Fi dealer in Albquerque (Listen Up) when my BDP-83 started giving me fits. Back then I couldn't have predicted that the 103D would make it possible for me to eventually "backup" my growing library of stereo and multi-channel SACDs.

Back