Here it is: the JCQS-440 A.F.V. also known as the Wurlyscope.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have checked on Alibaba for aluminium enclosures.
While the price seems very low, i worry about the shipping price and customs...o_O
I tried to have the cabinets made in aluminium but they would have cost close to 200$ plus shipping and customs... 🤪
But!
Good news! There is a big tool sale right now at my local store so I bought a router, a router table and a 40 bit set. I will make them myself and they will be much better.
I will use pine wood so the cabinet can be painted, stained and varnished.:cool:

I tried to have the cabinets made in aluminium but they would have cost close to 200$ plus shipping and customs... 🤪
But!
Good news! There is a big tool sale right now at my local store so I bought a router, a router table and a 40 bit set. I will make them myself and they will be much better.
I will use pine wood so the cabinet can be painted, stained and varnished.:cool:

I vote for some rare, impossible to replace, 1000 year old, Zebra Striped Amazon Sequoia Heart Wood.

Time to choose some LED colour scheme!
I used photoshop to change the colour of course since they are not assembled yet.
For the sub, you can choose between 5 colours: Amber, Blue, Green, Magenta or Red.
Please tell me your preferred colour as soon as possible.
I will make another post for the screen colour schemes
note: i really like red for the sub, it looks hot! :cool:
Amber_sub.JPG
Pink_sub.JPG
Green_sub.JPG
Red_sub.JPG
Blue-sub.JPG

I used photoshop to change the colour of course since they are not assembled yet.
For the sub, you can choose between 5 colours: Amber, Blue, Green, Magenta or Red.
View attachment 78440View attachment 78441View attachment 78442View attachment 78443View attachment 78444
Red is the lowest frequency in the visible spectrum!

What are the color bands: Is every channel different? I recall seeing three different colors in your previous video.

Hi all!
i will use frosted transparent leds instead of clear transparent leds because the clear ones are too reflective and the viewing angle is too narrow. I will frost the clear ones i already have in stock.
I played a lot with colours lately and while it is possible to have up to 4 different LED colours for the mk-II, i found that for a professionnal look, the lesser the better.
For the mk-I i did some white/blue and some yellow/green screens. The Yellow/green ones looked particularly great.
The first mk-III have an all amber leds screen and it looks great too!
I made a pdf document showing the colour schemes (models#) i can offer.
Please make your choice as soon as possible because i wil place my big LED order tomorrow.

Good day!

Attachments

• Mk-II-III models.pdf
    143.2 KB · Views: 85
Thank you for the .pdf. I'm not sure if I understand the info...I'm not seeing the MK II Amber shown in the sample photo, on the selection table....
The Amber shown on the sample photo is the colour of the sub. In the table i indicated ANY because there is no electronic limitations for the sub colour.
You can choose any of the 5 following colours: Amber, Blue, Green, Magenta or Red.
Writing each colour in the fourth column would have made the table much larger and even more confusing.

Huh? OK...lowest frequency/ longest wave length
Exactly but this does not have any technical meaning for the mk-II and III, except for colour correlation and of course, the visual appeal.📕📕📙📒📗📘

Attachments

• Study_Dot_Com.jpg
    Study_Dot_Com.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 12
I found all the colors appealing except for the amber, so I didn't choose it. Thanks for the customization options, choices are nice to have.

Back