Here it is: the JCQS-440 A.F.V. also known as the Wurlyscope.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All!

Sad news.
My dad had a stroke yesterday while standing and he collapsed on the floor at his retirement house.
He had his head and right arm very badly wounded.

He is not responsive to any stimulation, does not recognize anyone and does not talk either.
He is very agitated with spasms and appear to be in a delirium.
Sadly at 89, we don't think he will get through this one, the worse is to come.

As i'm the person responsible for his wellbeing and his administrator, i have to stand ready
and prepare everything.

Inevitably it will add delays for the completion of the mk-II and III.
I am deeply sorry for this unforeseen event and i hope you will understand the situation.

Jean

Hi All!

Sad news.
My dad had a stroke yesterday while standing and he collapsed on the floor at his retirement house.

He is not responsive to any stimulation, does not recognize anyone and does not talk either.

As i'm the person responsible for his wellbeing and his administrator, i have to stand ready
and prepare everything.

I am deeply sorry for this unforeseen event and i hope you will understand the situation.

Jean

Of course you will have the support & understanding from everyone here, not just 'scope customers. Nothing is important as taking care of family at a time like this. I hope for a good outcome for your dad & I'm sure he's best possible hands with your attention.

Do keep us informed how he's doing.

Hi All!

Sad news.

and prepare everything.

Jean
May the lord give strength to you and your father, no worries about time.

Hi All!

Sad news.

and prepare everything.

Jean

Jean-

Take all the time you need.

We went through this last year.... we're not getting any younger, so we got to enjoy the moment as much as possible because there are no guarantees.

At least, with the Covid crap out of the way, you should be able to spend time with him. Do so. Just sit next to him.

My thoughts and prayers to you all.

-Tony

Hi All!

Sad news.

and prepare everything.

Jean
Sad to hear of your fathers injury. Focus on him and the rest of your family, everything thing else will wait. I had a similar experience with my father and everyone offered me support and understood the situation.

Thank you for your good words.
Sadly my father passed away this morning.
The good side is he didn’t suffer for too long.
😞

Sorry to hear that.... my sincere condolences. At this time, being a guy you're gonna be very busy, and you will likely not think about it. STAY BUSY... arrangements, notices, family, friends, paperwork.

But, sometime in the future, when you least expect it, it will hit you. It's OK, it happens to all of us...

Look at the bright side about your dad, he did live a long life and he left YOU behind. So, he didn't do so bad, huh?

The HARD part will be to deliver an eulogy in five minutes! The Church allowed me to run to 10. It took some serious thinking, bourbon and cigars out on the deck to whittle it down from 45 minutes to 10... and I did it without notes!

The real hard part lies out in the future... savor your memories, talk to him ( in private, of course, otherwise they'll think you're nuts ).

Now, get busy... and I'm really sorry for your loss.

Oh, my mom's long lost neighbor passed away this weekend. She was pushing 90. I miss those people... take care of yourself.

Last edited:
Back