Here it is: the JCQS-440 A.F.V. also known as the Wurlyscope.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI all,
Thank you for your good messages.

I am doing well. The obituaries will be on june 15 and the burial on the 16th

By the way i received my big LED order last friday.
I was very happy at first until i realized i ordered very very small rectangular LEDs by mistake! 🧐

Don't worry, i ordered new ones of the right size and work will soon resume. 😎

Attachments

• IMG_4827.jpeg
    IMG_4827.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 22
Thank you for your good words.
Sadly my father passed away this morning.
The good side is he didn’t suffer for too long.
😞

Sorry to hear about your dad Wurly. My father is also 89 and it is hard seeing parents age and having to come to grips with the inevitable end that awaits us all. I will light up my Wurlyscope tonight in honor of him.

Hi All!

I did some tests and i decided not to use the LED support holders used in the two first units.
They don't transmit light to my taste and block most of it. Now the sub LEDs are beaming directly between
rows as first intended and should reach further toward the center of the screen.:cool:
Maybe tomorrow i'll be able to show you the effect.

IMG_4832.jpeg

Funny.... I was just thinking how in the DIY Audio world they have an ongoing discussion how Pass Amps sound better with blue LEDs..

All of my Pass designs have blue LEDs, even as I have argued that perhaps a read or green LED might break up the monotony?

I better make sure the Pass amps/preamps in the living room can not see the Wurly in the den when I run it. Surely, it might affect the second harmonic response of the FETs.

Ok instead of wiring the rest of the circuit to show you the sub LEDs effect,
i soldered the LEDs on the first production mk-II SN 202-11
Those yellowish LEDs are in fact blue and white.:cool:

Is there a verb for the action of soldering LEDs? :oops:

IMG_4846.jpeg

Hi all, i think i need a rest... lol

Can you guess what i did wrong here?
here's a hint: i did 440 mistakes on that board... :poop::poop::poop:

IMG_4850.jpeg

I would recommend using a vacuum powered disordering station if you intend to fix that one! I've made a few of those type boo-boos in my time. Time for a break with a couple of cold ones!

I would recommend using a vacuum powered disordering station if you intend to fix that one! I've made a few of those type boo-boos in my time. Time for a break with a couple of cold ones!
The problem with LEDs is: they dont like heat...
I will put that board aside for now because it's a 4 layers board, i fear i might damage it while desoldering all LEDs in that large area.
It might overheat the inner layer .2mm traces.🥵
It will be time-consuming too, i already spent 4 hours on it for nothing so...
Besides, it's a beautiful object, maybe i should frame it! 😂

Since nextpcb sent me one extra pcb on my last order, i can start over.😎
Without sun glasses... 🤓 😄

If they are plated through, then soldering on either side should make the same connection.

Back