Here it is: the JCQS-440 A.F.V. also known as the Wurlyscope.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not if you are in Quebec!;)
The 24th of june is Quebec’s National day holiday.
The 1st of july is Canada’s National day holiday and i’ll go camping for a whole week.

Like the time I drove up to BC to get Canadian Beer for our New Year's party....

It was Dec 26th.

Like, who takes a holiday the day after Christmas, eh?

Like the time I drove up to BC to get Canadian Beer for our New Year's party....

It was Dec 26th.

Like, who takes a holiday the day after Christmas, eh?
I am a retired canada-post clerc and we were always working between dec 27 and dec 31st inclusive. :(

I am a retired canada-post clerc and we were always working between dec 27 and dec 31st inclusive. :(
Working for the Railway we always got Jan 2 off as well as Dec 25, 26 and Jan 1. I guess they figured that everybody would still be hungover if we had to work on the 2nd! ;)
I always thought that it was a bit weird getting off a holiday that no one else had.

Working for the Railway we always got Jan 2 off as well as Dec 25, 26 and Jan 1. I guess they figured that everybody would still be hungover if we had to work on the 2nd! ;)
I always thought that it was a bit weird getting off a holiday that no one else had.

Dec 26th is St .Stephen's day. A holiday in Barcelona. But, as I recall, the bars were opened. ;-)

Come to think about it, the bars in BC on that Boxer's Day, '81, were opened too, even though the liquor stores were closed. The bartender understood my plight and sold me a few cases of Canadian for about the same as the liquor store.

Dec 26th is St .Stephen's day. A holiday in Barcelona. But, as I recall, the bars were opened. ;-)

Come to think about it, the bars in BC on that Boxer's Day, '81, were opened too, even though the liquor stores were closed. The bartender understood my plight and sold me a few cases of Canadian for about the same as the liquor store.
the bars are open here too...

Hi all!
The black cabinets look great now.
I will have 6 units ready to go thursday.

IMG_5195.jpeg

Hi all!
The black cabinets look great now.
I will have 6 units ready to go thursday.

View attachment 80723

I'm gonna have to buy a subwoofer now?

Since my HT is 7.0.... Is the "subwoofer" channel low pass filtered? Meaning, given I have a 7.0 set up, with the LFE blended into both FL/R channels... if I plug either FL or FR -also- into the subwoofer panel (using a Y connector) will it work for the display?

Otherwise, if I just run the LFE output of the decoder, set up for a 7.0 system, there will be nothing in there... no Pulsating Red Ring Display.

I'm gonna have to buy a subwoofer now?

Since my HT is 7.0.... Is the "subwoofer" channel low pass filtered? Meaning, given I have a 7.0 set up, with the LFE blended into both FL/R channels... if I plug either FL or FR -also- into the subwoofer panel (using a Y connector) will it work for the display?

Otherwise, if I just run the LFE output of the decoder, set up for a 7.0 system, there will be nothing in there... no Pulsating Red Ring Display.
The sub channel in the JCQS-440 mk-II / III have an internal active lo-pass filter. :cool:

The sub channel in the JCQS-440 mk-II / III have an internal active lo-pass filter. :cool:

Great... since the LFE is a mono signal then whether I run the Y connector from the FR or FL is irrelevant... awesome. Thanks.

Hi All!
Little update on the 6 first units.
All amplifier modules and comparators modules are tested and ready to install.
I have 1/6 input amplifier board completed. The 5 left will be completed tonight.
I'm almost there! Please be patient.

Attachments

• IMG_5201.jpeg
    IMG_5201.jpeg
    284.1 KB · Views: 18
:cool:
Have a look!
The tinted plexyglass is doing wonders for the screen
Note: The grey plastic buttons are too long and will be shorten.
This is one of the ugly stained cabinet...
View attachment 80538View attachment 80539View attachment 80540

Love the look and functionality of the new units, especially with the layout of the buttons, but I still am partial to the overall look of the Mk1. Used mine last night, and she is still performing like a champ!

But I can see why you went this direction.....especially now that you had to essentially fabricate the whole thing by yourself. I am kind of wanting one now but will resist. There is only one (or 10) originals and we are an exclusive group of owners. A small brotherhood if you will 🙂.

Love the look and functionality of the new units, especially with the layout of the buttons, but I still am partial to the overall look of the Mk1. Used mine last night, and she is still performing like a champ!

But I can see why you went this direction.....especially now that you had to essentially fabricate the whole thing by yourself. I am kind of wanting one now but will resist. There is only one (or 10) originals and we are an exclusive group of owners. A small brotherhood if you will 🙂.
There's gonna be only 10 mk-II and 10 mk-III.
Considering the cost overrun and time consuming experience,
the remaining units will be sold at a higher price.

Hi All,
Good news, one unit is on test right now!
The amber fields and red sub make it look like if it were on fire.:cool:
Here's a very small clip.
I will also post some pictures.

Attachments

• William Lotz1.MOV
    6.1 MB
  • William Lotz1.jpeg
    William Lotz1.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 24
  • William Lotz2.jpeg
    William Lotz2.jpeg
    216.5 KB · Views: 23