Here we go again....An other Quadraphonic Receiver

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is beginning to look like an addiction.... :cool:
I just bought my thirt Quadraphonic receiver..

A National Panasonic SA 6800X
NP-SA6800-x.jpg
Since National Panasonic is the original maker of Technics SA-6000X witch looks allot like the NP SA 6800X but with way more speaker driving power, it was my idea that I could not go wrong..

With it's 42W x 4 into 8Ω or 53W x 4 into 4Ω I think is respectable .

I payed 300 euro (about 280 dollars) for it. Did not see it other then on a few pictures let alone heard it.. I know.... foolish.
Is it to much money... I would not know... I seldom see these National Panasonic's . Did i overpay guy's?

The seller stated it is in Good condition, but has no known historie....but it does has all the knobs and buttons, all light seem to be working...seems to be fairly clean... Wooden case is a bit worn maybe... I think it shows it's age in a nice way...

So after the first Initial testing, I Guess a fully Cleaning should be the way to go...Fascia Window cleaning, Scale and allover interior cleaning, Replace light bulbs to prevent heat damage, if needed clean pots and switches.., do some amp biasing maybe... maybe replace speaker connectors to a saver standard banana connector... pay attention to the wood...

Then see what happens in long run testing

Any tips on "sure to pass to electronic heaven" parts witch I can check?

Cheers All

It is beginning to look like an addiction.... :cool:
I just bought my thirt Quadraphonic receiver..

A National Panasonic SA 6800X View attachment 83777Since National Panasonic is the original maker of Technics SA-6000X witch looks allot like the NP SA 6800X but with way more speaker driving power, it was my idea that I could not go wrong..

With it's 42W x 4 into 8Ω or 53W x 4 into 4Ω I think is respectable .

I payed 300 euro (about 280 dollars) for it. Did not see it other then on a few pictures let alone heard it.. I know.... foolish.
Is it to much money... I would not know... I seldom see these National Panasonic's . Did i overpay guy's?

The seller stated it is in Good condition, but has no known historie....but it does has all the knobs and buttons, all light seem to be working...seems to be fairly clean... Wooden case is a bit worn maybe... I think it shows it's age in a nice way...

So after the first Initial testing, I Guess a fully Cleaning should be the way to go...Fascia Window cleaning, Scale and allover interior cleaning, Replace light bulbs to prevent heat damage, if needed clean pots and switches.., do some amp biasing maybe... maybe replace speaker connectors to a saver standard banana connector... pay attention to the wood...

Then see what happens in long run testing

Any tips on "sure to pass to electronic heaven" parts witch I can check?

Cheers All
I can't offer you any advice (I only do modern formats and equipment) but it does look nice.

Back