• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Hey everyone, there's a change in forum ownership

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Hey all,

I am selling the forum. At this point in my life, after 16 years of footing the bills and towing the line, I have had enough. It's just not fun for me anymore.
Many of the old timers are gone or rarely post, and yes, there are a handful of members that I enjoy and respect very much still here, but the "job" of being the leader of this pack is just too much for me these days. I do not need the aggravation.

It's time for me to move on from the forum.

Don't worry. The forum is not going away, in fact, by me selling it, it guarantees that it will survive if I suddenly leave the Earth. So that's a good thing.
The entire web site will remain as is, it's all going to the new owners. So hopefully we can hook up Garry to keep the polls going.
If not, well, then you'll have no reason to bitch about the polls! :)

I am pretty sure you might have to put up with a few ads here and there from the new owners, but that's the way of the world. I never wanted them or asked for contributions, so count on those first 16 years as the "introductory offer", and please keep talking surround and moving on. This place will get along fine without me.

Again, I think of many of you, well, most of you, as friends, as far as a friend with whom I've never met can be a friend, but I am hoping that you'll all keep doing what you've been doing and keep the QuadraphonicQuad banner flying into this new decade.

So, thank you all............................and Goodnight!

:hi

jefe1

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Jon good luck and thank you. 16 years is a long time and nothing and no one lasts forever. Although we all wish you would stay here....

We hope you will stop by on occasion and say hello. I am grateful that you have made efforts to ensure this place keeps going.
I only have one question. When are the limited edition QQ coffee cups and T shirts going on sale? :D

The56Kid

Man, I don’t know what to say. I’ve only been around for 3 years or so, but this site has become absolutely indispensable in my life. I understand where you’re coming from, but what you’ve achieved here Jon is commendable and literally irreplaceable.

Thank you, Jon. You will be dearly missed!

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
Thanks Jon. Thanks for everything you’ve done for QQ over the many years. And thanks for passing this place on to new caretakers.

I’m happy to help out with the Polls, it’s all for a good cause (and my need to know too!)

Please call in regularly Jon. It won’t quite be the same without you...

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Yep, a heartfelt thanks to Jon Urban for not only initiating this fantastic forum but for dedicating 16 long years of his life to maintaining it at his own expense. Regretfully, I didn't start actually posting until 2015 [although I signed up in 2013] and that WAS my bad. I have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy every day I have posted on this forum and like yourself, Jon, consider every one at QQ a comrade in arms.

I do hope you ARE rightfully proud that in those 16 years you have advanced the awareness of the importance of surround sound and the the steady flux of quality surround releases we are currently being blessed with. That did take a lot of vision and perserverance, most especially since the majors did cease production of popular surround releases in the early 00's, but through QQ Forum that glimmer of light always glowed and now in 2020 the fruits of your labors are again coming FULL CIRCLE!

Enjoy your life and I'm sure I'm hardly alone in wishing you and your family ALL THE VERY BEST.

See the source image

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Thanks, Jon, for all you've done and sacrificed. Our beloved hobby would not be what it is without you. Few can claim that, seems to me.
I wonder if, at some point, we'll get more information about the new owners. And, perhaps, how the deal was reached and so forth?

We care about you, Jon, and about this site you've nurtured. That's a very cool thing.

Again, thank you for everything.

--Baggy

humprof

Jon, I can only add my thanks for creating and maintaining this community treasure. You're a Great Soul, and your legendary status is secure. I know you put together a "succession plan" after you tried to pack it in a couple of years ago (and we wouldn't let you!), so obviously it was bound to go into effect sometime. But it was good of you to stick it out this long. Please don't ride off into the sunset. Even if the new QQ no longer features your Dickensian avatar on the banner at Christmastime, I hope we see your signature on a post from time to time. Be well.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
You're tops in my book Jon, this forum has been a real life saver for me, and has kept me out of trouble in my retirement.
Thank you so much, this has enriched my life in so many ways. Looking forward to seeing you around here for a long time to come, I've got so much more I can learn from and grow with your many years of knowledge and leadership.

Stay healthy, have fun and keep those tunes rollin'...🍻

Status
Not open for further replies.