• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Hey everyone, there's a change in forum ownership

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlkastner

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Jon,

What can I say?

You took me into the quad family, got me hooked, and thousands of dollars later, no end in sight.

Thank you so much for this site. Every time I enjoy a surround CD, it is a testament to your altruism.

People like you, make life better for others!

Karl

Quadchuck

I thought I would have more time to do all the things I didn't have time for when working .
I have found I now have even less time and wonder how I got anything done when doing 8 hr job.
So here's to hoping you find the time and peace you are seeking-quadchuck

Quadgirl

Since 2002/2003
Jon - there are no words, but I am glad everyone is grasping for them here. I am a luddite in most respects, so do not spend an inordinate amount of time online, but I have relied on your site for so very long. I have made friends here, set up and re-set up, my system as it has evolved ONLY because of you and those drawn here. I could not have ever dreamed of remaining in this more-than-hobby, really way-of-life, without QQ and you. Thanks for giving your soul to this. You will echo here forever, however the future unfolds. I know I am not alone in knowing the value of this home away from home. I will forever be indebted to you not just for creating this, but for making it a safe and respectful place for all. Other audio places can be so male-oriented and sometimes have continuous hateful dialogue. QQ has always been fair through your work. Civility does matter and I have felt there could be diverse opinions here without too much personal insult and divisiveness. Thanks for working that miracle in this day and age. I hope you will always check in here and stay in touch. I am sorry I have been so busy these last few years and checked in less regularly. I don;t care if we ever meet in person - you are my friend and have had a huge impact on my life. I wish you love, peace, and joy galore. And much time for music, and sound. You have blessed all of us immeasurably and I sure hope you know it. Thank-you!

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Jon - there are no words, but I am glad everyone is grasping for them here. I am a luddite in most respects, so do not spend an inordinate amount of time online, but I have relied on your site for so very long. I have made friends here, set up and re-set up, my system as it has evolved ONLY because of you and those drawn here. I could not have ever dreamed of remaining in this more-than-hobby, really way-of-life, without QQ and you. Thanks for giving your soul to this. You will echo here forever, however the future unfolds. I know I am not alone in knowing the value of this home away from home. I will forever be indebted to you not just for creating this, but for making it a safe and respectful place for all. Other audio places can be so male-oriented and sometimes have continuous hateful dialogue. QQ has always been fair through your work. Civility does matter and I have felt there could be diverse opinions here without too much personal insult and divisiveness. Thanks for working that miracle in this day and age. I hope you will always check in here and stay in touch. I am sorry I have been so busy these last few years and checked in less regularly. I don;t care if we ever meet in person - you are my friend and have had a huge impact on my life. I wish you love, peace, and joy galore. And much time for music, and sound. You have blessed all of us immeasurably and I sure hope you know it. Thank-you!

Wow, what a sincere, heart felt tribute. Really, just awesome. :)

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Many of the old timers are gone or rarely post, and yes, there are a handful of members that I enjoy and respect very much still here,
:hi
Ya know what's really odd, is when I go and read all the old ratings on the quad discs and tapes and hi-rez surround discs, and I see some names that I just do not recognize (as usual posters) are there with their comments. I click on their names and a surprising number of them have checked in here in recent days.

So it does look like the traffic is here and members can often become lurkers but still want to see what is going on in the wonderful world of surround music. I wonder why they are checking in after 10 years even but have nothing to say?

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Thanks dwight, and again, thanks to everyone. You all have renewed my spirits and now with the forum in safe hands and guaranteed to go on for many years after I check out, I can enjoy the place more and not have to worry about the spats and crap that used to really get to me. The transition has gone so much better than I could ever have expected and your words of thanks and gratitude are really touching, believe me. As I said earlier, I am totally humbled.

So, I'll still be around as long as I am around, and it looks like everything will go on the way it has.

So again, THANKS EVERYONE. Really. :QQlove

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Thanks dwight, and again, thanks to everyone. You all have renewed my spirits and now with the forum in safe hands and guaranteed to go on for many years after I check out, I can enjoy the place more and not have to worry about the spats and crap that used to really get to me. The transition has gone so much better than I could ever have expected and your words of thanks and gratitude are really touching, believe me. As I said earlier, I am totally humbled.

So, I'll still be around as long as I am around, and it looks like everything will go on the way it has.

So again, THANKS EVERYONE. Really. :QQlove
Well the transition was smoothe because THEY LEARNED FROM THE VERY BEST. You ran a very tight ship for 18 years and I'll always credit you for the current RISE in QUADRAPHONIC/SURROUND awareness and still consider QQ Forum the creme de la creme of internet forums.

ENJOY YOUR LIFE Jon!

Imbobman

Wow.;)....Really well said, very eloquent! You even had a few words in there I had to goggle to find their meaning.

DoctorO

I panicked when I saw this thread title resurface, thinking things are shutting down when everything else is shutting down!

But upon reading now, happy to see Jon continue to receive much-deserved accolades, as this forum is mightily appreciated during these days...

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
I should probably close this thread, but I'm so vain I probably thought this thread was about me.

j/k

Fortunately, things worked out fine, the new people are great, and like it or not, I'm still here. The main thing is that this place will continue on into the 21st century, as-is, regardless of my availability on the Earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.