Hi from Tokyo

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IchiroAnc

Hi, I'm Ichiro from Tokyo, Japan.
It's a nice surprise because there was no like this website in my country.
The first time I came in contact with quadraphonic was a record of music and sound effects that my father listened to on Technics' 4ch system - when I'm about 11, maybe 1974. From 1980s It has been 2ch, but from 2016 I've been listening to various surround sources of rock, pop and jazz with 5.1ch system. I am enjoying it very much.
Unfortunately, the system of 1970s' does not remain, but knowledge about the equipment and sound sources is very inspiring. It takes some time to read English, I'm looking forward to reading the article.
Thank you!

The first time I came in contact with quadraphonic was a record of music and sound effects that my father listened to on Technics' 4ch system - when I'm about 11, maybe 1974. From 1980s It has been 2ch, but from 2016 I've been listening to various surround sources of rock, pop and jazz with 5.1ch system. I am enjoying it very much.
Unfortunately, the system of 1970s' does not remain, but knowledge about the equipment and sound sources is very inspiring. It takes some time to read English, I'm looking forward to reading the article.
Thank you!
Excited to have you here Ichiro :hi

Japan has such a rich history in Quadraphonic and there are old analog titles from the 1970’s that are being released again by Sony in the SACD format; which we are all thrilled about!

When you get a chance, we would like to know about the equipment you have for surround music.

Welcome aboard the Surround Super Ship :)

Thank you!

Konnichiwa Ichiro!

Nice introduction. I am a big fan of J Rock in general & Moritaka Chisato in specific. And anime. I have always wanted to visit Japan but instead it is good to have you visiting us.

As others, I am looking forward to learning more about your audio equipment and musical interests.

Welcome!

There are lots of buried 4 channel records released only in your country. Hit those used record stores and find some treasures for us to be envious.
Better hurry though BigBill has been buying up all the 70s Japanese quad albums.....

Welcome Ichiro! Hopefully you can help fill in the gaps with some undocumented releases in Japan, if there are any!
Glad to have you here! We all are way too crazy about surround and it's not uncommon to see folks from all places hop on board this, uh, 'ship'.
Hope you enjoy your stay here!

!
What a amazing list!
I've never seen this. Even though my country's.

I found this LP in Toshiba-EMI list. First time I saw document of a LP what father left behind.
wow

IMG_3883.JPG

Welcome Ichiro! I always wondered why we didn't have many fans from Japan as quad was so popular there in the '70s. So many releases of hardware and software that were exclusive to Japan and when they found their way to the US they would be sought out and held as treasures.

I know the language is a barrier, but it would be great to hear of your quad adventures and history. I am sure many here would love to hear that as well

Welcome Ichiro! I always wondered why we didn't have many fans from Japan as quad was so popular there in the '70s. So many releases of hardware and software that were exclusive to Japan and when they found their way to the US they would be sought out and held as treasures.

I know the language is a barrier, but it would be great to hear of your quad adventures and history. I am sure many here would love to hear that as well
I'm wondering too. Where did the person listening at 70s go? Of course, since it's my father's generation, many people will be gone. Maybe, I think there was no interaction between users. I also know only my father as a 4ch user. How wonderful it would have been if a community like QQ existed at that time! There may have been no disruption of information since the 1980s.
When I go to a used record store in Tokyo, Quad LPs are sometimes sold for around 500 yen($4.4) , in category of regular LPs.The most common is the cheap mix of old idols. There is a temptation to buy it, but unfortunately I have given up because I can't play it. I hope I can revive it someday.

Thank you for your kind words.

There is a temptation to buy it, but unfortunately I have given up because I can't play it. I hope I can revive it someday.
Don't give up! You can enjoy the quad several ways. Your 5.1 receiver likely has Dolby Pro Logic II or similar. You can read much around here on Dolby and other digital processors. Having the 5.1 set up is really one of the first challenges...and once you get settled around here a bit, read about the Involve Audio Surround Master! It's a great audio device and quad decoder...

Don't give up! You can enjoy the quad several ways. Your 5.1 receiver likely has Dolby Pro Logic II or similar. You can read much around here on Dolby and other digital processors. Having the 5.1 set up is really one of the first challenges...and once you get settled around here a bit, read about the Involve Audio Surround Master! It's a great audio device and quad decoder...
Thank you for your advice! I'll check them.

Back