DTS-CD Hi, I have a question about burning a uncompressed DVD-A or DVD-V file onto a DVD-R

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbyquad

Over the past two months I have been creating DTS upmixes and DVD-A and DVD-V conversions. Anyway, many are compresed to make the file smaller and I have several that have a folder of WinRAR that I uncompress into a AUDIO_TS and a VIDEO_TS folders.

So far I have been unable to burn these back onto a DVD-R and am lost for help. Does anyone know what I need to do to make these files listenable?

Thanks ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you stating that you clicked on "Mode" and did not find the "EZ-Mode Picker?" I find that difficult to believe. You'll laugh when you see how easy this is. Ctrl+Shft+P is another way to select the "EZ-Mode Picker."

You could also choose "Write" under menu item "Mode." Its the third choice below "EZ-Mode Picker." CTRL+SHFT+W is another way to select "Write."

Are you sure you're using ImgBurn? There is a picture of the menu on the page that Old Quad Guy gave the link to.

Ez-Mode Picker should be the first thing you see after launching ImgBurn. Choose "Write files/folders to disc" after you've put the AUDIO_TS and a VIDEO_TS folders into one folder with a name of disc you want to burn and add only that one folder to the project using the folder icon, just above the red X for removing stuff from your project. Click on the "Disc" icon at the bottom left and you should get your disc after a couple of pop up windows asking if you want so and so. I've usually just clicked "yes" and things worked. ImgBurn usually figures out what you're doing and will make the disc you want. I've created discs exactly what you're trying to do. There is also built-in help within the program to help walk you through things.

Last edited:
I gave incomplete instructions with how to burn one's DVD files back to DVD. Sorry, it's been awhile. So I've re-edited slightly the previous post.

When you take your own DVD and convert it into files/folders and you want a playable DVD or DVD-A you must put the Audio folder and Video folder into one folder and select that one folder that contains both. Imgburn should figure out what type of disc your trying to do and what it was.

In the future, in general I would not bother with file/folders but use .ISO file instead. The proper disc type will then get burned properly without doing anything more than selecting it in Imgburn, whether it's a Data disc containing your files or a music/video type disc.

Last edited:
Back