Hi. Need help for Audio_TS only and Audio-DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, I hadn't realized that DVD Audio players are getting rare. I'm way out of touch. In any case, you can get some of the more basic pioneer elite dvd players that do bot SACD and DVDA for fairly short money, if you are looking for less expensive playback options. We're talking about models like DV-46 and up, if memory serves right. I don't think the surround audio will pass through the hdmi's so you'll need a multichannel analog in on your playback system to make it happen. On my end, I've found that the older pioneer stuff tends to stay working for a good while, even if it might not be every bit as awesome sounding as an Oppo.

The Pioneer BDP-LX88 and the more expensive BDP-LX88 2K Blu-ray players are pretty well priced disc spinners, supporting both multi-channel digital output DVD-A/SACD (via HDMI). But they only offer 2-channel analogue :(
BDP-LX58-main1.png

BDP-LX88-main1.png

Cheers

Dang, I hadn't realized that DVD Audio players are getting rare. I'm way out of touch. In any case, you can get some of the more basic pioneer elite dvd players that do bot SACD and DVDA for fairly short money, if you are looking for less expensive playback options. We're talking about models like DV-46 and up, if memory serves right. I don't think the surround audio will pass through the hdmi's so you'll need a multichannel analog in on your playback system to make it happen. On my end, I've found that the older pioneer stuff tends to stay working for a good while, even if it might not be every bit as awesome sounding as an Oppo.
I don’t have any analog connections and my surround discs work perfectly through hdmi, the only thing not connected by hdmi is my cd transport which is connected by coaxial digital

Gaaaaaa.... Incompatibility is the thing I hate most about digital audio. That is why, except for CD and DVD, I have avoided digital audio.

Please expand?
Just look at this thread. Here are excerpts that show what I mean:

DVD-A have an AUDIO_TS (for PCM only) & a VIDEO_TS even if the VIDEO_TS is empty.

If all the audio is in the VIDEO_TS folder it will be Dolby, DTS or stereo LPCM, so not a DVD-Audio disc but a DVD-Video disc.

So just to make it cleear, there is actually no way (I currently own an LG LHB645N HT) to make the files on these Audio_TS folders be playable on my HT?

And such is the case for Audio-DVD, SACD, DSD and such?

Sufficed to say... 'Store-bought' DVD-Audio discs (and SACD's) can only be played using a dedicated hardware player. Which are pretty rare these-days and very pricey.

Only a few Blu-ray players (actually Universal players) can play DVD-Audio discs, the majority can't, which maybe why your discs fail.

It's been a while I've been trying to burn Audio-DVDs, and mainly, DVD-Audio files that only exist in the Audio_TS folder and none in the Video_TS.

I don't understand why some albums I download as DVD-Audio sometimes have the normal files only on the Video_TS folder (which I know how to burn) and sometimes only in the Audio_Ts folder, these I've been trying to burn to DVD-Rs and CD-Rs for about 3 years now and it never works on my HT Blu-ray players.

Dang, I hadn't realized that DVD Audio players are getting rare.

In any case, you can get some of the more basic pioneer elite dvd players that do bot SACD and DVDA for fairly short money,

We're talking about models like DV-46 and up, if memory serves right. I don't think the surround audio will pass through the hdmi's so you'll need a multichannel analog in on your playback system to make it happen.

Just an FYI. Most Panasonic Bluray Players will play DVD Audio Discs. And, most Sony Bluray Players play SACD discs. The only "Universal" player would be something like an OPPO player. There was a Samsung Universal DVD Player that was very good: Samsung DVD-HD841/XAA DVD. You might find one on Ebay.
Also the Samsung HD941. The HD841 has DVI output while the HD941 has HDMI output. I still have an 841; gave my 941 to my stepson.
My HD841 has hacked firmware so as to play "SACD-R" discs, or SACD .iso's that have been burned to DVD as opposed to glass mastered.
Was a good first "universal player" for me.

Also on the ripping from DVDA ....Foobar with the right component will rip from an .iso of a DVDA. I confess I don't remember if I tried from an actual disc. But if the DVDA is not encrypted, you can mount the disc and copy out the Audio_TS folder (and VIDEO_TS folder if it has any content) and recreate the .iso with ImgBurn, which is free. If encounter problems with Windows mounting the disc there are plenty of utilities that will; PowerISO, etc etc. Also Foobar can rip SACD to wav/flac but not .iso, same for DVDA.
But the suggestion for DVD Audio Extractor was a good one; it works equally well for standard DVD discs as well as DVDA discs. The free DVDAudioExplorer works well as noted earlier.

Go to the site, look under "files", and download the readme.txt file and it will explain in detail, SMD.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dvdadecoder/
Thanks for the info, I was interested to know how far Foobar has developed over the years as a software driven player.

Personally I access and play all my media files using my OPPO UDP-203, along with its media control app.

Thanks for the info, I was interested to know how far Foobar has developed over the years as a software driven player.

Personally I access and play all my media files using my OPPO UDP-203, along with its media control app.
Sure. But one of the beautiful things about Foobar is not just the player itself, but that anyone that cares to can write a component for it. That is what has enabled it to go beyond what Peter Pawlowski and crew have created, giving us dts/dvda/sacd etc decoding and playback. Now, it will not play DVD's and it will not play BD's, but otherwise it's quite versatile.

I have a jailbroke Oppo that I can stream most anything to from my pc, but often I prefer to be doing something while listening, such as being on the internet or here at QQ.

Go to the site, look under "files", and download the readme.txt file and it will explain in detail, SMD.

I have NEVER gotten the foobar

I have NEVER had any success getting the foobar Watermark Detector/Neutralizer to remove the watermark on DVD-Audio files. I want to make copies to use in my car so my only solution has been to convert the multi-channel files to dts then burn dts cd's. Anyone know the trick to get that plug-in to really remove the watermark? I know some of you have have done it.

I have NEVER gotten the foobar

I have NEVER had any success getting the foobar Watermark Detector/Neutralizer to remove the watermark on DVD-Audio files. I want to make copies to use in my car so my only solution has been to convert the multi-channel files to dts then burn dts cd's. Anyone know the trick to get that plug-in to really remove the watermark? I know some of you have have done it.
I read a write-up once that someone did, but I do not have it and have never tried it personally. I know some have been successful, as you say.
Sorry no help with this. But I will keep my eyes open for the process.

Actually, I will not be commenting further. I believe it was once decided that discussing how to subvert the watermark was not kosher for QQ.

Last edited:
Back