Hiromi

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leevitalone1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
For those who know her, I have 2 other discs (sacd) but I found a dts copy ( Telarc) at BB. It has a video in DD/DTS and 2 set disc. one is DD/DTS and the other of same material is cd.

I just rec'd her new SACD from Telarc, "Beyond Standard." She takes familiar tunes like "I Got Rhythm" and takes them into the stratosphere. I think it's her most interesting release so far; definitely recommended if you're a fan.

The sound quality is amazing - up to the same Telarc standards - and the surround mix is quite aggressive, even though the performances were recorded live to a 32-track Sonoma DSD recorder. They sure had fun in the mixing session!

It seems there are not too many fans! I "found" a copy of SPIRAL at BB, a 2 disc set a cd and a dts with a video of "kung foo world champion" live! Hiromi blows me away. Brain/Spiral ( scad/cd/dts) and Hiromi. I'm ordering "Beyond standard next week. And, I just missed her live she was in my area last month. bummer! are you aware of any other videos?

All of her albums are on my wishlist because I liked the samples and I've read that the mixes are aggressive and the fidelity high, but she is a low priority right now. :( I've got a list of nearly OOP or OOP titles that I'm gathering first; I figure Telarc will stock her albums for at least a while longer.

So, someday I'll post back! Maybe if Telarc has another sale like they did last December I'll move these albums up my list. ;) In the meantime, you at least have one other person interested in hearing what people have to say about this artist!

Best,
Josh :)

All of her albums are on my wishlist because I liked the samples and I've read that the mixes are aggressive and the fidelity high, but she is a low priority right now. :( I've got a list of nearly OOP or OOP titles that I'm gathering first; I figure Telarc will stock her albums for at least a while longer.

So, someday I'll post back! Maybe if Telarc has another sale like they did last December I'll move these albums up my list. ;) In the meantime, you at least have one other person interested in hearing what people have to say about this artist!

Best,
Josh :)

you know it's sad, but her stuff is fairly inexpensive even at the Telarc site.
www.telarc.com and I'll bet if you was to look around like at amazon you can get it for less. as far as oop, telarc does cd's dts and sacd versions.Hiromi stuff

I bought a couple of her discs from Circuit City's web site. They were $13 or $14 each, the cheapest I could find at the time. I haven't listened to them a whole lot, but I like what I've heard.

I bought a couple of her discs from Circuit City's web site. They were $13 or $14 each, the cheapest I could find at the time. I haven't listened to them a whole lot, but I like what I've heard.

Well, I picked up the other 3 SACDs of hers that I didn't have from Circuitcity.com. Fourteen buck each plus free shipping for orders over $25.

Hiromi Uehara - Sonicwonderland
Limited Edition Stereo SHM-SACD

Catalog No. UCGO-9060

image_2023-09-09_125209179.png

...with Adrian Fellow (b), Gene Coy (ds), and Adam O'Farrill (tp)

...on NPR's Tiny Desk Concert performing a coupla' cuts

Hiromi Uehara - Sonicwonderland
Limited Edition Stereo SHM-SACD

Catalog No. UCGO-9060

View attachment 96098
...with Adrian Fellow (b), Gene Coy (ds), and Adam O'Farrill (tp)

...on NPR's Tiny Desk Concert performing a coupla' cuts

Thanks for that. This made my Saturday morning!

Hoping the new album is released with an Atmos mix!

Sadly, IIRC his son reported that he was very ill; and may not be with us any longer.

Yes, his son was recruiting help selling some of his surround collection. Knowing him, he must have been very sick to let go of his cherished discs. Not seeing him has had me believing he must have passed, because he was very active here.

Back