Historic Recording Studio for sale

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First chance in nearly 50 years to purchase recording studio on the banks of the river Fowey, Cornwall. Artists using the facility included Robert Plant, Oasis, Muse, Supergrass and many others. Can be yours for just £2,250,000

https://sawmills.co.uk/
Nice an isolated, it used to be only accessible via a boat! Not sure if that's still the case.

Water has caused disasters at so many studios during my time - I have no idea why so many artists want to live and build studios so close to pools, rivers, canals... etc! Have had at least three incidents....
David Gilmour and his houseboat studio...

1649696866139.png

Water has caused disasters at so many studios during my time - I have no idea why so many artists want to live and build studios so close to pools, rivers, canals... etc! Have had at least three incidents....
I suspect for the positive impact that the view has on morale for one. In this case there is also the remoteness that allows focus on the task at hand rather than all the distractions available at a studio in say London or LA.
But yeah, all the extra humidity concerns and risk of water damage has to come into play so I understand your not liking that type of locale.

Maybe the water issue is why the Sawmills' owners are selling; or their clients realize there's no convenient access to a good Pub :LOL:
The nearest one is in Golant (I haven't been there in years, I lived in Cornwall for a while), not an easy walk there, or any easy one back after a few/many bevies, and its very easy to get wet on the outside after getting wet on the inside if you use a boat/canoe/jetski........... the voice of experience!
1649708137705.png

The nearest one is in Golant (I haven't been there in years, I lived in Cornwall for a while), not an easy walk there, or any easy one back after a few/many bevies, and its very easy to get wet on the outside after getting wet on the inside if you use a boat/canoe/jetski........... the voice of experience!
View attachment 77791

Dunc, I would be willing to go 50/50 with you on this luscious historic property except it has NO heliport and NO GARDEN GNOMES! DRAT!!!!!!

Back