Hootie & the Blowfish "Cracked Rear View" (25th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 DVD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just catching up on this one now. I would probably buy it if it was 5.1 LPCM Blu-ray...perhaps even DTS. But this isn't a flagship title like Fleetwood Mac...for me anyway. So the threat of getting that Dolby "sandpaper sound" (BTW which was minimized on Fleetwood Mac) is just too risky.

Here's the back cover. It clearly states "Dolby 5.1 surround" on the back, so this is definitely a hard pass for me.
If I really cared enough about this album, then I would seek out the old DVD-A/V disc instead.

Here's the back cover. It clearly states "Dolby 5.1 surround" on the back, so this is definitely a hard pass for me.
If I really cared enough about this album, then I would seek out the old DVD-A/V disc instead.

71cf8bpfHDL._SL1136_.jpg

Will be mine tomorrow.

Regards,

My copy arrived today, looking forward to a listen. Four Discs:
Disc One: Cracked Rear View Mirror-Remastered CD
Disc Two: B-Sides, outtakes, Pre LP, Independent Recordings CD
Disc Three: Live At Nicks
Disc Four: Dolby 5.1 and 24/96 Stereo.
Nice easy to use digipack, lots to read and a few pictures in the liner notes.

My copy arrived today, looking forward to a listen. Four Discs:
Disc One: Cracked Rear View Mirror-Remastered CD
Disc Two: B-Sides, outtakes, Pre LP, Independent Recordings CD
Disc Three: Live At Nicks
Disc Four: Dolby 5.1 and 24/96 Stereo.
Nice easy to use digipack, lots to read and a few pictures in the liner notes.
Mine arrived as well...

Can anyone check it.? Instruments are correct, but the singer is not in the middle just most at the right Speaker side. Not good.

Just listened to this for the first time and singer to me is more central than left or right. Certainly no stand out problem to me as far as placing of vocals.

I like the DVD~A as well and for those considering the purchase of the box set for the 5.1 remix ..... it's lossy!

Famous last words....I'm a sucker for a bargain and the delvered price for the boxset from AmazonUK was a little under $24! AmazonUS is still $40 + tax. Deep Discount is $50 + tax!

Last edited:
Back