How come no Alan Parsons Project album received the quad treatment?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaneelOlivaw

300 Club - QQ All-Star
That's pretty much the entire question!

And if anyone wants to venture a guess as to why none (besides On Air) were issued as sacds, dvd-audios or DTS-CDs, that would be welcome too.

I mean, what a natural for surround sound, not to mention the guy mixed the quad version of DSOTM.

Someone who would know once told me that AP wanted to go back and do 5.1 mixes for the last set of reissues of his albums, but the label had "no interest at all" in spending the cash to have him do it. :(

Someone who would know once told me that AP wanted to go back and do 5.1 mixes for the last set of reissues of his albums, but the label had "no interest at all" in spending the cash to have him do it. :(

What a shame!
I have everything that they have put out since day 1 and every one of these efforts qualify for "the treatment."
As mentioned earlier, "A valid path" was impressive on Dual Disc.:smokin

What a shame!
I have everything that they have put out since day 1 and every one of these efforts qualify for "the treatment."
As mentioned earlier, "A valid path" was impressive on Dual Disc.:smokin

Even if its only a DTS 5.1 rather than MLP i agree pretty damned impressive. i would leap on new versions of AP albums with surround mixes. like I am rediscovering King crimson at the moment.

Comparing the King Crimson and Alan Parsons cases, isn't it quite clear that the main difference is a big company that needs to cover their overhead costs? I am sure our purchases and appreciation would cover Alan Parsons' costs and efforts. The problem seems to me be that "somebody else" wants money for... well, in this case nothing.

Back