How Long to Convert SACD ISO Files?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not trying to detour this but everyone in this thread is right there with me. I use Foobar for all my listening. Bought a Oppo 103 for SACD ripping. Before that I recorded all my multi channel SACDs from an analog out into a digital format. With the Oppo I rip and also use Sonare to DSF. I'm thinking of going back through ALL my SACDs and using the Oppo to rip a pure digital version and toss the old analog recordings. QUESTION: Since I use Foobar that decodes iso files fine, WHY use Sonare at all??? I'm thinking keep all these as iso files that I could always rip apart later and even burn new SACDs anytime I want. What is the advantage of getting to DSF or even FLAC files? Maybe I'm missing something.

Firstly, Sonare works great for ripping to iso, so don't bail on that.

Second, yes, jRiver and Foobar2000 handles iso SACDs nicely, but you are still stuck with the fact that other media players/organizers DON'T handle iso's. DSF is more compatible and FLAC is nearly universally compatible.

Thanks, I used sonore? to decode an SACD image that I mistakenly thought DSF, they're actually DFF, they won't play on the Oppo :confused:.

Stereo DFF files play fine on an Oppo, but not multichannel for whatever reason.

What do you use to rip them SACD things these days Homer?

I used to have a old PS3 with SACD and old firmware I found on eBay when the crack was first announced. I sold that (after all my SACDs were done) when it looked (to me) that surround SACD releases had stopped. (Not the first time a prediction of mine was wrong). I have a friend with an Oppo that I visit now.

I'm giving up, can't get my head around it, must be doing something wrong, thanks for the help folks, it's only two albums I want to convert anyway, files deleted, moving on.

Apologies if I seem a bit out of touch , that would be because I am...
Would anyone tell me how to convert an SACD ISO to MCH FLAC? I have a VERY SLOW PC with Win 10...I would love to hear this disc and I only have it as an SACD iso...I do have a SONY BD player BDP-S6700 but I do not know if it´s one of those that can be used to rip SACDs..

Any help will be highly appreciated...

¡Muchas gracias!
:smokin 🥰

Would anyone tell me how to convert an SACD ISO to MCH FLAC? I have a VERY SLOW PC with Win 10...I would love to hear this disc and I only have it as an SACD iso...I do have a SONY BD player BDP-S6700 but I do not know if it´s one of those that can be used to rip SACDs..

¡Muchas gracias!
Here's the link to @beerking 's wonderful thread on setting you up; now, don't know what the most current list of players is for ripping, so you need to read the whole thread anyway -very worthwhile IMO 🤠
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...yers-used-for-sacd-ripping.26078/#post-412921

Last edited:

¡Muchas gracias!
This is the latest list I have, doesn't look good for your 6700. But many of these below are on ebay for under $50 shipped last I looked.
I'm using a S5100 purchased for $45 shipped with remote, clean.
Sony brand compatible Blu-ray players:
BDP-S390 (also sold as BX39 in some markets)
BDP-S490
BDP-S590 (also sold as BX59 in some markets)
BDP-S4100
BDP-S5100 (also sold as BX510 in some markets)
BDP-S6200 * (also sold as BX620 in some markets, requires Sony ARMv7 AutoScript version developed Feb. 2019)
BDP-S7200 * (requires Sony ARMv7 AutoScript version developed Feb. 2019)
BDP-S790 * (requires Sony ARMv7 AutoScript version/S790 variant)

¡Muchas gracias!
Hi Kap.
Ive just checked out the Sony S6700 status over on HIFIHAVEN and they are currently experimenting with autoscripts to get this one responding.
Here is the latest blurb:
One person (a software developer extraordinaire) has managed it so far, that AutoScript version is in beta at this time and as such it is not officially on the compatibility list. One major concern is with the S6500/6700 firmware version. With all of the known working compatible models on the current list, all known firmware versions work, so any machine you buy on that list will have a working firmware to the best of our knowledge. The S6500/6700 is a brand new finding, we do not yet know if there are any non-working firmwares, or if the firmware version can be rolled back if there was ever an update pushed by Sony that blocked compatibility. That is being looked into right now, so for the time being we can't list that model as definitely compatible nor encourage anyone to buy it with the intention of ripping SACD, it may not work. Current developments there are of concern, so for now the S6500/6700 will stay off the compatibility list.

I would engage with Mickey Fresh over on HiFi Haven, to see if he can shed any more light on the progress or instructions for the Sony S6700 SACD ripping procedure.
You may find that your model, depending on it's firmware status, may indeed be able to rip!!

https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/rip-sacd-with-a-blu-ray-player.3652/page-87#post-128801
Any questions or concerns, then ask away.

Hope this helps.

In my experience the CPU is the bottleneck when it comes to audio conversion. Regarding ISO to flac in foobar I have my old budget Samsung laptop with some upgrades in SSD and ram, the upgrades usually helps out in many areas, but audio conversion is no difference (It takes at least an hour to do a SACD from ISO to FLAC and that was also the same before I made some upgrades). I have tried the same conversion on a job computer (Asus i7 CPU) and despite regular HDD and more modest RAM it does the job in five to ten minutes.

Same with movie compression, if you’re familiar with Handbrake, when I rip my blu ray movies to MKV and want to shrink the size using Handbrake I have about 1-2 fps with my laptop, with my job computer it’s about 15-20 fps.

Last edited:
OK, question(s)... you Foobar Fiends!!!!
Since I only use Foobar on my Mac and it's an extremely primitive (yet effective player) version of the bells and whistles Windows version...
-Where do I install the SACD add on? Does it have to be in a specific folder like plugins are?
-How do I convert it into FLAC once it's opened in Foobar which is what I am guessing it's done?

Thanks again for all of your valuable help!!! Love you guys!
;) :smokin

OK, question(s)... you Foobar Fiends!!!!
Since I only use Foobar on my Mac and it's an extremely primitive (yet effective player) version of the bells and whistles Windows version...
-Where do I install the SACD add on? Does it have to be in a specific folder like plugins are?
-How do I convert it into FLAC once it's opened in Foobar which is what I am guessing it's done?

Thanks again for all of your valuable help!!! Love you guys!
;) :smokin
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:How_to_install_a_component
Once that's in click on the heading for all your songs and right click on Convert, then Quick Convert and finally to flac (that's how I do it in Windows.)
qc.jpg

you definitely ROCK, Pupster!!!!
(this is Super Shiro, a spinoff of one of my favorite anime, Crayon Shin Chan...Shin Chan is a 5 year old that likes to show off and has several "dance routines"...with his butt, his elephant Trunk -yes , THAT!---, etc.) Shiro is his lovely and ever patient adopted pup...they called it "Nevado" (snowed) in Spanish
supershiro_main-1280x600.jpg

you definitely ROCK, Pupster!!!!
(this is Super Shiro, a spinoff of one of my favorite anime, Crayon Shin Chan...Shin Chan is a 5 year old that likes to show off and has several "dance routines"...with his butt, his elephant Trunk -yes , THAT!---, etc.) Shiro is his lovely and ever patient adopted pup...they called it "Nevado" (snowed) in Spanish
supershiro_main-1280x600.jpg
So, uh, you an anime fan also? Based on one sample this would be a fun marathon watch with mu otaku buds. If/when we can actually get together again.

OK, I saw that it ripped the ISO but at 44K...I THINK I changed it to 88K in the preferences...
Now..where is it that I can learn how to have those mighty purty skins and displays yawl got on Foobar?

Back