How many of the Tull reissues do you own?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just one Aqualung and that was an impulse buy I was standing in Quadwrecks shop chatting with him and it was staring at me saying buy me.

I own the 3 that are still in print (Benefit, Stormwatch, A) and I’ll be glad to add this one to the set. Do we know for sure that those anomalies from the original release are fixed from the get-go with this reissue? Eg. Mastering, Flat Transfer etc. I would assume yes but I was just wondering if there was a definitive answer. And yes how great would it be if they reissued Aqualung!

I think that refers to the vinyl edition only.
What vinyl edition?

That quote is straight off the Rhino site for the 50th anniversary CD / DVD edition.
It is preceded by the words “The book contains:”
Did you see how fat the book is?

Time will tell. Difficult in today‘s world to hire an articulate marketing copy writer.
Not a deal breaker. :)

What vinyl edition?

That quote is straight off the Rhino site for the 50th anniversary CD / DVD edition.
It is preceded by the words “The book contains:”
Did you see how fat the book is?

Time will tell. Difficult in today‘s world to hire an articulate marketing copy writer.
Not a deal breaker. :)

Half-speed master:
https://store.rhino.com/thick-as-a-brick-50th-anniversary-edition-lp.html
From what I'm seeing on other sites, I also think the reference to a 12 x 12 booklet was meant for the vinyl page.

Half-speed master:
https://store.rhino.com/thick-as-a-brick-50th-anniversary-edition-lp.html
From what I'm seeing on other sites, I also think the reference to a 12 x 12 booklet was meant for the vinyl page.

Well, might have to put together my own Super Deluxe Edition.
Will still cost less than a tank of gasoline for both DVD & vinyl.;)
1655839319102.jpeg

I own the 3 that are still in print (Benefit, Stormwatch, A) and I’ll be glad to add this one to the set. Do we know for sure that those anomalies from the original release are fixed from the get-go with this reissue? Eg. Mastering, Flat Transfer etc. I would assume yes but I was just wondering if there was a definitive answer. And yes how great would it be if they reissued Aqualung!
I think so, yes. John (tootull) has checked things for all the following sets and I bet he's going to have a look at this one before it gets pressed! In fact, this cryptic reply probably hinted at the news already.
https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thre...-coming-in-2023.1080345/page-40#post-29821929
EDIT: I take that back. Seems people were blindsided by the announcement.
https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thre...sue-this-october.1148574/page-2#post-29842924

Last edited:
I am glad I read this thread. I have all the Tull boxes except for Thick As, I have a file, but no box. Just ordered the CD/DVD combo from Rhino.

Reactions: GOS
I am glad I read this thread. I have all the Tull boxes except for Thick As, I have a file, but no box. Just ordered the CD/DVD combo from Rhino.
I think I’m in the same boat, as that’s the only one I’m missing .. should fit in nicely .. excited about this one ..

Attachments

• 9E7D19F1-E2EA-48F3-BFE1-F6B0670A2E82.jpeg
    9E7D19F1-E2EA-48F3-BFE1-F6B0670A2E82.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 34
I'm not a super-collector in general like some of you folks, but I really love classic-era Tull, so I have all 13 of the book-format releases (all open & enjoyed). Thick As A Brick has the corrected disc because I waited a few months to buy it after the initial release. I also have the 2011 large-format Aqualung with the Blu-ray (still works) and vinyl, and the original small-format Benefit.

Also have the TAAB2 (Anderson solo) surround release, if that counts. Skipped his Homo Erraticus altogether (any endorsements that might persuade me to change my mind?). Not really planning to buy The Zealot Gene, which I consider to be another Anderson solo project in all but name, unless it gets a lot less expensive... I've listened to it streaming in stereo and it's pleasant enough, but far from classic Tull. I look forward to the Broadsword book release, hoping it loses some of its 80s production edges, but that was the point where I really started losing my enthusiasm for Jethro, as much as I loved all the 70s stuff. I suppose I would buy the later book releases if Steven Wilson continues to mix them, but even then, do I really need Under Wraps?

To be honest, this kind of gets at a dilemma that I've been thinking a lot about lately. I have around 200 physical surround releases, plus a bunch that are digital only. I know it's a small collection relative to some of yours, but I've bought them selectively, meaning only getting items I really want to hear, not just for the sake of owning or investing in them. So what I already have is a load of riches that I don't have enough time to fully enjoy. There's things I haven't listened to in years, even though I really like them. I keep thinking that I should stop focusing on what I don't have, stop checking my Discogs want list and Amazon wish list, etc., and start looking through my collection more, and then... listening to them! Does this resonate with any of you, do you struggle to control the urge to keep buying more, and just enjoy what you have instead? For me it applies to a lot of things in my life really... the challenge to appreciate what's in hand, not yearn so much for what isn't. And it's not so much about the money involved (although that can really add up), it's more about stuff, and the procurement/management/maintenance/storage of said stuff, becoming as much a burden as a pleasure.

Sorry, didn't mean to get all philosophical and off-topic here, but I'd genuinely welcome hearing your thoughts on the joys and pitfalls of being a collector / consumer. I find the same thing happening for me with streaming, now that I have an Apple TV device: I keep adding surround albums to my Apple Music library as they come out, and while I've really enjoyed sitting and listening to some, mostly I sample a few tracks of the rest and move on, looking for more to add.
QQ is the most expensive group I have ever belonged to :). I get obsessive about my collection and when I see something that looks interesting I find a way to get it. What I find interesting lately is that most of what is posted I already have in my collection. My next step is to find a way to Rip my DVD-A, SACD, & Blu Ray Discs to a hard drive or two so I can Snow bird and have my collection with me at all times. As far as selling my collection, I think I will leave that to my heirs, who appreciate the uniqueness of a multichannel music collection.

Back