How many of the Tull reissues do you own?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a damn shame more companies don't realize how many more people would buy a set like this if they can hit a price point under $50.

I love Floyd MUCH more than Tull. I had never bought a Tull album before these issues, but had loads of Floyd in stereo.

Yet... I have not bought the Floyd big boxes, but I have bought many of the Tull ones, and will buy the others if they get reissued. The value for money is phenomenal. See also King Crimson. (And XTC and Marillion, but I already liked them).

I recently bought A ( never heard it until a couple of weeks ago) that I really like.
Can't wait for the 50th Brick...I have Steven Wilson mix CD, but not the DVD.
( The British copyright is maxed out at 50 years, so every British band will have to release something to have product, making them money for the next 50 years ...otherwise they lose copyright ! )

QQ is the most expensive group I have ever belonged to :). I get obsessive about my collection and when I see something that looks interesting I find a way to get it. What I find interesting lately is that most of what is posted I already have in my collection. My next step is to find a way to Rip my DVD-A, SACD, & Blu Ray Discs to a hard drive or two so I can Snow bird and have my collection with me at all times. As far as selling my collection, I think I will leave that to my heirs, who appreciate the uniqueness of a multichannel music collection.
I strongly encourage you to learn to rip and play your collection, it is very rewarding.
I have been a member on SACD.Net 2014 and then a member on QQ since 2016 and have learned more than I possibly could have imagined.
The ripping process done by us is mostly the same but we each have our little preferences, I certainly believe one is not better than the other as the end result, sitting and listening to a correct digital file is all that matters.
From the point of learning to rip the individual discs, storing the files, playing the files with a digital player, for me was a huge process as in the beginning I did not even understand computer terms and language, I just kept digging and scratching. Good luck.

This is me with my second Girldfriend and TAAB, at the end of the 70's, in my bedroom with the 'standard' rig of the time.

After marriage with other woman, and two children, and then the divorce.... I'm now married with this girl, that came back into my life 20 years later.

Thick as a Brick and Us.jpg

This is me with my second Girldfriend and TAAB, at the end of the 70's, in my bedroom with the 'standard' rig of the time.

After marriage with other woman, and two children, and then the divorce.... I'm now married with this girl, that came back into my life 20 years later.

View attachment 80532
¡Ostras, Pedrín!!!!
¡Que bonitooooooo y que romántico!!!
I wish I did have a pic of me and María from back then...you probably know that she was my High School Sweetheart and we got together after 38 YEARS(!!)...
¡¡Un abrazo a ambos!!!

I’ll get a reissue of Aqualung if there is one. Passed on it first time. Didn’t think I needed it but would get one to complete the set.

Attachments

• CEEC4D4F-DCAA-40A7-91B3-548F9798AAA1.jpeg
    CEEC4D4F-DCAA-40A7-91B3-548F9798AAA1.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 17

View attachment 80532

Wow!
You are my hero 🦸🏻‍♂️
A man who can attract multiple women DESPITE listening to Jethro Tull 🤣

View attachment 80532
This photo makes me think of the expression “thick as thieves,” meaning two people very close & friendly, sharing secrets.
Google tells me the Spanish expression might be uña y carne.

ATTENTION JETHRO TULL FANS

A 2022 repress of Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick (40th Anniversary Special Collector’s Edition) CD/DVD set (hurrah!) with Steven Wilson 5.1 mix + more

Plus... a new 50th anniversary vinyl edition. Reproduced in its original format with the legendary 12-page newspaper package. This is a half-speed master of Steven Wilson’s 2012 remix

Preorder now:

burningshed.com/store/jethrotull

#music #musician #musiclove #musiccity #musicaddict
#musictherapy #musicnews #recordcollection #recordcollector
#recordstore #recordoftheday #recordshop #recordcollecting #recordjunkie #recordcover #recordcommunity #recordroom #recordlover #recordshopping #vinyloftheday #vinyladdict #vinyl-community #vinyljunkie #vinylgram #vinylclub

Attachments

• 2E4186D6-5B81-4C8A-BBB5-DD6D7702C896.jpeg
    2E4186D6-5B81-4C8A-BBB5-DD6D7702C896.jpeg
    16.5 KB · Views: 18
  • A3D0FAA8-1B8D-4D0B-9C47-60B39BFF8382.jpeg
    A3D0FAA8-1B8D-4D0B-9C47-60B39BFF8382.jpeg
    13.8 KB · Views: 18
QQ is the most expensive group I have ever belonged to :). I get obsessive about my collection and when I see something that looks interesting I find a way to get it. What I find interesting lately is that most of what is posted I already have in my collection. My next step is to find a way to Rip my DVD-A, SACD, & Blu Ray Discs to a hard drive or two so I can Snow bird and have my collection with me at all times. As far as selling my collection, I think I will leave that to my heirs, who appreciate the uniqueness of a multichannel music collection.
I have the 40th Anniversary TAAB Box and hadn’t heard about a defective disc. What exactly was the issue. I haven’t listened to it in a while but don’t believe I remember running into a problem.

I have the 40th Anniversary TAAB Box and hadn’t heard about a defective disc. What exactly was the issue. I haven’t listened to it in a while but don’t believe I remember running into a problem.
I think this posting by none other than Steven Wilson himself is a good starting point:
https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thre...y-special-edition.267638/page-28#post-8369085
As you can see here, the corrected DVD has a line:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...s-a-brick-corrected-reissue-dts-dd-dvd.17523/

Its hard to miss. IIRC there is a skip in the first minute followed by another soon after. All kinds of phasing and mastering issues as well

• Wow
Reactions: GOS
Back