How many of the Tull reissues do you own?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just an absolute idiot on this one!

$35 a pop? Only DVDV release format? Nah. I'll borrow a friend's copy until the price drops or they make the "real" release on bluray.

Yeah...
So I don't have hard copies of my most favorite Tull albums - Thick as a Brick and Passion Play. It would have been SO easy to grab 3 or 4 copies of each one and now I'd have those hard copies and have mortgage covered for a year or 3. Pretty sure this makes me an absolute idiot this time around!
Well the price for TAAB on the secondary market is sure to be plummeting soon, at least for awhile. Now you can pre-order 4 copies of the reissue for $100 on Amazon. As for Passion Play, that may never be reissued, along with the others... hope I'm wrong, but I'm guessing that Ian reluctantly agreed to a reprint of TAAB for the 50th anniversary since there's been so much outcry for this one in particular, and the fact that the DVDs were botched on the initial run. He has said repeatedly that these deluxe anniversary editions are single runs only, and I think Steven Wilson has said that also. TAAB may be the only exception?

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip there Scooob!
Is this available anywhere else besides Amazon though? I'd prefer to never do any business with them again.

Thanks for the tip there Scooob!
Is this available anywhere else besides Amazon though? I'd prefer to never do any business with them again.

https://burningshed.com/store/jethrotull/jethro-tull_thick-as-a-brick-40th-anniversary_boxset
It's on Burningshed - they're in the UK so it will be more, but they do ship to the US and they do act as a direct storefront for several artists, and are more or less the "official" store for Tull/King Crimson/XTC/Yes stuff.

Whoooops..:whistle:..forgot to add this one (This Was).

It was on my night stand ,as I was reading the book recently and it's all about the formation of Jethro Tull .
A very interesting read BTW .

Soooo, just to update that pic.........

This Was ,added.
16561816274197460123469477565812.jpg

Seems unlikely that there will be any reissue of Living In The Past. Every song on it is available as a bonus track on one or more of the Wilson remix anniversary editions, including in surround, except for the live cuts from Carnegie Hall, and those are in sorta-surround on the 3-disc "Collectors Edition" of Stand Up released in 2010. The handful of tracks that are in stereo-only on the anniversary editions, namely Witch's Promise, Dr Bogenbroom, From Later and Nursie, are because the multi-tracks were missing, so unless they've been found in the meantime, you're not gonna get those in surround anyway. Of course you never know, but I get the feeling that Ian Anderson isn't crazy about living in the past, both the album and the concept (of wallowing in past glories by re-releasing everything over and over).

You would think that but then here we have reissues of AQUALUNG and BENEFIT in the book size , and now

THICK AS A BRICK .

So I won't give up hope , as the betting man says "the odds are in your favour" !

Back