How many of you can play MC flac files directly?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OdysseyMusik

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Hi folks!

Anyone in here who have an idea how many who can
1) play multichannel flac files directly
2) turn mc flac into discs
3) only listen to surround sound from DVD/BD/SACD/Q8 etc.?

Question is can we tell bands to sell they mc music as digital download from their own website or eg. Bandcamp or too few with surround gear CAN play mc flac.

Maybe this could be a poll? (if I knew how)

Interesting idea.

[1] I can play 5.1 FLACs directly from my NAS on my Panasonic DMP-BDT700EB, but only 2.0 FLACs directly on my Pioneer SC-LX86 Amp & Denon DBP-2012UD Universal Player (which is going wrong again! Oppo 203/205 next I think)
[2] Using various bits of software I often turn 5.1/4.0 into DVD-A/BD-A
[3] My main way of listening to surround/stereo

Hi folks!

Question is can we tell bands to sell they mc music as digital download from their own website or eg. Bandcamp or too few with surround gear CAN play mc flac.

I would think anyone who has an Oppo as I have, I can also play them through Foobar2000 on the computer and on my Pioneer BDP-450.

So a computer can be connected to a Oppo?
It still takes a computer to play flac for you?

Think I've heard of one burning flac directly to discs and play the flac on a DVD player....

Interesting idea.

[1] I can play 5.1 FLACs directly from my NAS on my Panasonic DMP-BDT700EB, but only 2.0 FLACs directly on my Pioneer SC-LX86 Amp & Denon DBP-2012UD Universal Player (which is going wrong again! Oppo 203/205 next I think)
[2] Using various bits of software I often turn 5.1/4.0 into DVD-A/BD-A
[3] My main way of listening to surround/stereo

What software are you using for making DVD-A/BD-A?
I can only use Audiomuxer to make AVCHD DVD to be played on Bluray-players.

I'm close to starting up a homepage to sell bands MC music (eg. from Bandcamp. Bandcamp will not tell me when they will open up for MC files, so I think I've to do that).
It is cheap to sell DVD/BD via Mastercard/Visa for shipping, but that will take some work and shipping expensives.
Selling digital downloads directly to people will cost me around 700 euro/$ to start up, so I would like to find out how many who can take digital downloads only.

1. I have a number of different ways of listening to FLAC files directly in surround, including via HTPC, USB to a Sony BDP-6500, or via DLNA
  2. I've burned MC music to disc once or twice, but it's been for DSD files. FLAC is easy enough to play in surround via cheap hardware or HDMI.
  3. I significantly prefer to listen from physical media than from files - however I have been buying a lot from the eClassical site lately.

Hi folks!

1) I can play MC FLAC directly.
2) I seldom create optical disks from FLAC files. When I do it is only to provide an optical disk for use in a car. This is always 2ch with FLAC converted to WAV. I also have a small media player that can play 2ch FLAC directly that I use on my boat.
3) Except for new releases and SACD, I seldom listen to optical disks anymore. All are ripped to the NAS as FLAC.

I rip MC discs to FLAC. Store files on NAS. Access NAS and play MC FLAC files via Foobar/laptop since all devices are interconnected via my network router.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi folks!

1. yes
2. I could if I wanted to, but I don't.
3. I hardly ever listen from discs any more. They get ripped to hard drive almost immediately.

I rip all my discs to flac and listen via oppo or foobar. Rarely play the original discs (but I prefer purchasing a disc to a digital file... old fashioned, I guess.)

1. Listen to flac through my Oppo
2. Have not burned flac to disc and would need to figure it out
3. Still listen to most of my surround music via physical media

1) I prefer to play FLAC files via my Oppo plus I use this option exclusively via my laptop/foobar at the attic set-up (too dusty there).
2) I'm actually considering this if/once my best of selections fit. Good for demo purposes, methinks.
3) I used to spin physical discs exclusively before but that all changed when I learned the FLAC files do it for me just fine.

Last edited:
So a computer can be connected to a Oppo?
It still takes a computer to play flac for you?

Think I've heard of one burning flac directly to discs and play the flac on a DVD player....

The Oppo plays the flac file that is on my Nas, Oppo is connected by HDMI cable to my Yamaha receiver,
Foobar 2000 (a program on my computer) plays the flac file that is on my Nas, My computer is connected by HDMI to the Yamaha,
The Pioneer plays the flac file on my Nas and is connected by HDMI to the Yamaha.

Three different ways I have of playing multichannel flac files, the flac files can be anywhere, on disc, Nas or memory stick.

Hope this explanation is clear and of use to you.

I've used Cirlinca HD Audio Solo Ultra to produce a burnable file from the FLACs, then burn with IMGBurn.

What software are you using for making DVD-A/BD-A?
I can only use Audiomuxer to make AVCHD DVD to be played on Bluray-players.

I'm close to starting up a homepage to sell bands MC music (eg. from Bandcamp. Bandcamp will not tell me when they will open up for MC files, so I think I've to do that).
It is cheap to sell DVD/BD via Mastercard/Visa for shipping, but that will take some work and shipping expensives.
Selling digital downloads directly to people will cost me around 700 euro/$ to start up, so I would like to find out how many who can take digital downloads only.

Hi folks!

1) Altho Snood transfer and stores all me discs to Flac Hi Res Multi or Hi Res Stereo - my older analog player and Oppo can not do flac files directly. Snood also has acquired a nice collection of different off shore mixes. Which is why SNood gets backed up sometimes.........it can get to be a chore if me get a lot in at the same time:yikes - a labour of love:banana:

2) So yeah Snood turns a lot of what me get into disc format to play on a Windows 7 PC - Using :

a) Cirlinca HD Audio Solo Ultra for Hi Res flac conversions to DVD - the only problem is me thinks the site is abondoned now.....have heard of people paying and not getting code (this was about a 6 months ago), but they still offer free trial version. :mad:@: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/hd-audio-solo-by-cirlinca-whered-it-go.462174/
b) CDRWIN10 (copy and burn dts cd) or Foobar2000 and Imgburn (.cue files) for DTS cds

3) So that would mean.... yes. Snood do only discs commercial and burned :cool:

Hope this helps.........also if anyone has had any luck with Cirlinca lately let us know

1. I also play 5.1 flacs using laptop hdmi connected to my receiver (Nvidia high def. 7.1 soundcard set to output 5.1) and Foobar2000
2. No
3. Physical disc mostly SACD's, don't have dsd capable dac to connect my pc to.

1. Yes, from my NAS via JRMC or Roon through multichannel DAC.
2. Why bother when I can play the files themselves?
3. I play all multichannel (FLAC, WAV, DSD) from files.

Last edited:
Hi folks!

1) I play mc flacs through my Oppo either from my 2 TB external hard drive, or my wifi network connection.
2) I only burn complete copies of my DVD-A's and DVD-V's to disc (don't have Blu Ray capabilities yet) so I handle the originals as little as possible.
3) Again, it depends. If I want to see the menu and visuals I'll play the back up discs. For Blu Rays I have to use the disc.

Back