How many Quad/Stereo SACD 7” packages from Japan do you own?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Please list in descending order from favorite to least favorite.

I’ve only got 11 so far….. Here goes

1. My favorite bar none…..Santana
2. Santana-Abraxis
3. Miles Davis-Bitches Brew
4. Yes-Yessings….Stereo but who cares best it’s ever sounded
5. Santana-III
6. Jeff Beck-Blow By Blow
7. Jeff Beck-Wired
8. Miles Davis-Live Evil
9. Billy Joel-52nd Street
10. Pink Floyd-Atom Heart Mother
11. Beck-Hyper …. Whatever

Who’s Next……😂😂😂

This 7 inch'r came courtesy, Baggy some 2 months ago.

Matches up just nice with my quad vinyl copy.......Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow
16593244342157049447596967474189.jpg

And on Saturday, I was surprised that this 7 in cher arrived 😍

Jeff Beck - Wired

(Fwiw , Amazon screwed me for 110 beanz ,the theives!!. , so beware !!)
This amazing album came from Acoustic Sounds at 94 beanz, after I gave up trying to get a reimbursement
fr Amazongon$.
16593249123711970126283062082062.jpg

I only have one (ATM) Santana Abraxas.
It doesn't fit in my CD rack, so it has to go amongst the vinyl.
(The only thing I don't like about the format)
EDIT I also own Mahavishnu Orchestra Birds of Fire..paid for.... it got returned to CD Japan, as they had no international postage available..unless I pay $50 for Fed ex. I've been waiting 6 months so far..but I won't pay $50 postage for a SACD that cost less than the postage !
EDIT 2 Just checked status today and they've sent it...postage to Australia has returned at 990 yen !

Last edited:
EDIT I also own Mahavishnu Orchestra Birds of Fire..paid for.... it got returned to CD Japan, as they had no international postage available..unless I pay $50 for Fed ex. I've been waiting 6 months so far..but I won't pay $50 postage for a SACD that cost less than the postage !

Fed Ex is how my Wired came....from Kansas. And FWIW there was no other cheaper option. I can't complain as it was only $30....and took only a week, which surprised me .
The only sad thing is they don't have all the 7" Santana .

I'd like it if they did "Welcome" next, and then moved on to Aerosmith x 3, and then Edgar Winter Group, and Stanly Clarke "School Days". Maybe a Mahavishnu Orch, or some other A-list rock title that has not been issued in quad before.

EDIT 2 Just checked status today and they've sent it...postage to Australia has returned at 990 yen !
Postage through regular international mail was non-existent to Aust for a good part of the year. Aust government or mail refused to deal with incoming mail. I had buyers of my items who paid, but I could not send - which resulted in me issuing refunds. Very sucky for them to do to us.

Things change ......
I now have
Mahavishnu Orchestra Birds of Fire
Santana Abraxas
Santana III
Santana Lotus
Santana Caravanserai
Miles Davis Bitches Brew
Miles Davis Live Evil

All bought used excepting Birds of Fire and Caravanserai !

Looks like the Santana are the most consistently collected titles followed by the Jeff Beck ones.

I like seeing these sell out. It's a good sign for the series continuing. But I could se them running off more of the Beck titles now that he has passed and demand is back even stronger.

Back