How much longer are international shipments taking in mid-2020?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had some Japanese rounded CD sleeves (great for protecting the disc in box set cardboard inserts) sent from LA to the UK in 7 days! Yet Mary Fahl's discs took over three months. The mysteries of postal services :LOL:

Dunc, where did you find those Japanese protective poly sleeves in LA? Usually, they're only available from CDJapan and with p/h from Japan these days being at an all time high, would love the name of your US distributor.

What do ya know, that CD from Austria (going through Stuttgart, where "millions of packages piled up") arrived today! I think I ordered it in April :whistle: . It's been so long, I couldn't even give the seller good feedback, as those emails have disappeared from my email list on Discogs (is there a way around that?). I remember telling the seller that I had patience -- some didn't, and were giving him bad feedback after only a week or so! -- and wish I could make up for those that didn't. Btw, it was the best-sounding copy of Donovan's COSMIC WHEELS I could find (no SACDs or even Silverline "surrounds" for that one). I remember the title track in the 70s, but have never heard the whole album (I _do_ have patience, lol).

Also showing up today -- international packages, from wherever, seem to arrive together no matter the country of origin -- was the DV FIREBIRD :p. Has only been a few weeks for that one. And btw, it was just the one -- no cracks. Took a chance, didn't I?

Time to warm up the Oppo after chores. . . .

[ADDENDUM: Damn, they DO arrive together! Went into the garage to get the car for a grocery run, and there was a Burning Shed package beside my car (!).
The long-awaited AXE VICTIM. But wait! There's more! On the other side of my car, placed haphazardly on an opened bag of potting soil, was _another_ Burning Shed package (Kansas). How did that happen? Did the driver deliver one, go back to the vehicle, and discover another, tossing it on the other side? Life's little mysteries. . . .]
Thank you for giving me some hope, as a CD shipped from Berlin the first week of June hasn't arrived yet. Two separate CDs shipped from Sweden each took almost 30 days to get here. Another shipped from Japan in April hasn't arrived either, the seller doesn't respond, but it is one I can do without?

Dunc, where did you find those Japanese protective poly sleeves in LA? Usually, they're only available from CDJapan and with p/h from Japan these days being at an all time high, would love the name of your US distributor.
Here is the link to the SoundSourceCDs eBay shop SoundSourceCDs | eBay Stores

Pack of 100: Round Bottom CD INNER Sleeves Fits Inside Mini LP 100 pcs SelectSleeves Archival | eBay

Pack of 50: Round Bottom CD INNER Sleeves Fits Inside Mini LP 50 pcs SelectSleeves Archival | eBay

From surroundmusic.one in Denmark to the US it normally takes around 3-4 weeks, but one took 8 weeks!

Hi OdysseyMusik,
I just had an order arrive from SurroundMusic.one as well. In my case the duration was right at the 3 1/2 week mark:
6/29 : Received at Danish Local Post Office
7/1 : Left Denmark
7/12 : Arrived in US (Chicago)
7/23 : Delivered by USPS (San Francisco, CA)
I bought the tracking option and am glad I did, since the updates did help me stay pretty confident all was well...
The package arrived in perfect condition.

So mine was right in the communicated time frame, sorry yours took so long.
Something to consider also - the shipment cost is included in the package prices (in my case the three BluRay triple-album Robert Rich releases*).
That could mean that relatively slow transport priorities are involved. It would be interesting to see if SurroundMusic.one could do priority shipping, albeit that could be quite expensive from Europe these days.

*I'll post a (partial!) review on those once I get through more of the material. There is a lot of music in those BluRays...

Eres buena gente, hermano!
Well, by the same token, I left +++FB for "BoopsRecords" in Discogs- he sent me a Columbia Records Pressing as the real thing and even though I DID tell the seller that it was going to take a few days for me to play it (I was doing maintenance), when I finally played it and found it was not good he basically told me off (something about 20 days when it´s usually 30...) ...so if you find that seller , avoid him, he is not cool...I did warn him that karma will get him...(instant karma gonna get choo!!!)..oh well--

Well, by the same token, I left +++FB for "BoopsRecords" in Discogs- he sent me a Columbia Records Pressing as the real thing and even though I DID tell the seller that it was going to take a few days for me to play it (I was doing maintenance), when I finally played it and found it was not good he basically told me off (something about 20 days when it´s usually 30...) ...so if you find that seller , avoid him, he is not cool...I did warn him that karma will get him...(instant karma gonna get choo!!!)..oh well--
That really sucks!

Here's one: 2 orders from Juno 4 days apart from UK to NZ (both Lp's), first took 4 weeks, arrived in pristine condition, 2nd order arrived after 9 weeks and was wrecked. (heavily bent and warped as if long term pressure had occurred) stickered by NZ Post as "Received Damaged" (Plus multiple similar reports here)

For the record, my Rick Wakeman Red Planet took precisely four weeks, July 2 -> 30.

It was interesting that the Royal Mail rigid envelope appears to have been routed by way of Sweden?
Is that a European Community thing, it seems like I've seen similar from Dutton, for example.
Will Brexit impact process going forward?

IMG_4678.jpeg

IMG_4677.jpeg

Not to bring partisan politics into the discussion, but the USA government has appointed a new postmaster who is cutting overtime and monkeying with processes concurrent to the strain on the system from the pandemic.

It took precisely 4 months for Ammonia Avenue to arrive across the pond from ImportCDs. Whatever, it was the last part of the order and I've already received previous two. I've had only good experience with the vendor so far, normally it takes them 2-3 weeks to get the stuff over here.

Attachments

• IMG_20200806_183210.jpg
    IMG_20200806_183210.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 303
Back