How sweet is your spot?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to revisit this page, I finally going to get my designated audio/video room. I probably will be able to start in 6 weeks or so. It is a third bedroom, 12' X 14' 8' ceilings. I will be looking at the 12'wall. The right side has a window and rear of room goes an additional 3' with a closet.
I have been scouring reading and YouTube suggestions learning a little here and there.
It will not be a room from the ground up but I do believe I can make pretty good. I am going to add ceiling speakers for Atmos, not 100% if I am going to use two or 4?
My foundation will be 5.1 that I plan on really nailing as I have learned a few things about room correction and treatments. I believe I am pretty clear on dividing up the room with proper speaker placement.
I came back to this thread as I want to nail the sweetspot without being a one and only spot if that is possible.
I seem to be convinced that having two subs is critical for bass management. Also with two subs it creates an equal listening experience at least in home theater, which is not my #1 goal.
What I would like if I could wave the magic wand would be two theater seats with the center of the two seats, the center of the audio and visual. This way two people have the same experience instead of one, which is how I have it now in my livingroom.
I can buy 3 seats, but seems like a waste, or have the two and slide back and forth when it's just me?

hobie1dog, #15 above, seems to think that overpowering the room is good, I am not sure. I have 450 watts each R/l front speakers and 300 watts two rears and center. I think I will get an additional amp for the 2 or 4 height speakers, maybe something like 200 watts each?

Hamilton59 #6 above has widened the sweet spot with Audessy correction. This I am not sure of also but seems like a good thing to at least try.

So I guess my question is do you think that there is only one sweet spot (dead center of the 3 fronts) or can being off center for two people both have a sweet spot?

If anybody has any other tweaks or suggestions I am all ears, well a little ringing in the left ear, my super loud listening days are over but my HIGH FIDELITY days are just beginning.

So I guess my question is do you think that there is only one sweet spot (dead center of the 3 fronts) or can being off center for two people both have a sweet spot?

If you have Bose "stereo everywhere" speakers then every place in the room is a sweet spot....lol

Back