How to: Convert Blu-ray Discs for Audio File Playback (Atmos supported)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Kurvenal

I looked for any video stream that I could select, but none of them had a checkbox next to them. See screenshot below. I am guessing that there is a setting somewhere that is excluding them for some reason? I tried checking the .jpg attachment a couple of times, but that did not get me anything.

1660830620004.png

Kurvenal

Just tried two more BD, one an immersive music disc by the label 2L that others have told me they can reliably rip video from, and the other one was a movie. They both looked just like the one that the screenshot above: no checkbox next to any video stream in all of the branches.

I am using MakeMKV on a Mac, but I have a Win10 computer available that I can also try if necessary.

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
Forget that last post. Select the video track in the lower section which shows all the streams.

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
Apologies. I’m thinking of MKVToolNix (free). I shows all the stream details and allows you to select streams to mux into a new MKV file. Early morning here…

BananaSlug

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Thanks for the guide! Previous to embracing streaming a few years ago, I spent a bit of time ripping all types of discs I could for use with a pc running xbmc/Kodi. I had hoped to never go back, but with Apple Music Atmos content coming and going it was time to figure out how to add Atmos content to Kodi. Your guide and my previous experience made it easy on a Windows pc. Now the impossible question (judging by my google searches) does anyone have any ideas about getting milkdrop 2 to work with Atmos/m4a files on Kodi?