How to direct Kodi to my Network NAS drive??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
So, I'm wanting to give Kodi a test run. To be honest, only because I cannot get Foobar 2000 to play ANY of my Atmos files. To be clear, Foobar has been my all time favorite media player, yet I know it's because I've used it for years and in general, I have little if any trouble with it.

Garry AKA @HomerJAU suggested I start a new thread here, so others might learn how to get Kodi set up. Since I'm a total NOOB with computer stuff, I need detailed steps to get it going.

So......I've downloaded Kodi, and that's about it. The thing is, in Foobar, it's super freaking easy to assign your NAS drive to it, 2 clicks and it's gold. Kodi, I guess I can't figure it out.....

Ok. Let’s establish what you’ve got.

What version of Kodi? 19.1 is latest (recommended)
What version of Windows?
Do you have your NAS shared folders mapped to a Windows drive letter?

Reactions: GOS
KODI - where does it tell me what version I have? I'm using a KODI app (I guess). I don't see anything called "about", which is typically where it says what version.
Windows 10

Here is a snapshot of my NAS. I honestly have no idea if I have it mapped to a letter or not. I did this a couple years ago.

1625267476574.png

To get the Kodi version:

From Kodi’s menu, click: System

That will display the Kodi Settings screen.

Look for System Info, click that

On the screen that is displayed click: About Kodi

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Before I go changing things :), if Foobar, etc is accessing my NAS drive the way it is, why do I need to map a drive?
Ill jump in some.

You dont HAVE to map the drive. It just makes everything so much easier. Else you are messing with long paths all the time. Even ripping is easier with mapped drives.

@GOS Mapping your NAS drives in Windows won’t change how you’ve setup Foobar.

Regarding Kodi version. You can always uninstall and install 19.1 from the link in the new How To install Kodi on Windows thread.

Get well soon!

Back