How to Hook Up Tate II to QRX-9001?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berninahusq

Hi Old and New Friends,

It's been a very long while since I posted to this forum (I think my last post was in 2005). It is very nice to see some familiar names like Jon Urban are still on this list, some that have left us like Cai Campbell (so sad), and many new names like Quad Linda. However, every once in awhile I would check back on this forum just because I was in a "Quad Nostalgic" mood. One of the greatest pieces of info I found out here a couple years ago, was about the Zektor HDS 4.1. Thanks! I bought two of those and also a HDS4 to hook up my multichannel legacy and SACD components to modern A/V receivers with only one set of multichannel inputs.

Anyway, I recently pulled out my Sansui QRX-9001 and Fosgate Tate II units (after years of being stored on top of a cabinet) and wondered if anyone can tell me how I can hook them up. The QRX-9001 has eight preamp inputs/outputs (I guess, they are just labeled FR, FL, RR, and RL--I don't know which side is the input and output, but I can put a live feed of a channel in one of the RCA connectors and see if it feeds the amp) that looked like they were added later as they are not in the QRX-9001 manual. I don't remember if I asked QuadBob to add them to the QRX-9001 or if they were already there when I bought the QRX-9001 on eBay in 2005. Do I connect the phono to the QRX-9001?

I appreciate any advice you can please give me.

Thanks,
Ed

Last edited:
There is an old thread answering that very same question. Just use the 4-channel tape input. But, I sure wish I had preamp-out/pwr-amp-in on my QRX-9001 to hook up my Bose 901 equalizers, but using the 4-channel tape in for the 901s, and a Niles AXP-1 switch connected to the AUX input for everything else seems to have solved my lack of 2-channel inputs.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...249-QRX9001-and-Fosgate-Tate-II-101A-together

Just thought I'd pass this along....As many of you Tate II owners know, the 4 RCA output and 4 tape input and output connectors are so very close together (also noted in the Tate II manual) that most modern high-quality interconnects from Monster Cable, AudioQuest, etc., etc., have plugs that are too wide to have them fit comfortably connected to the Tate II's RCA connections side by side. The only cables with narrow RCA plugs I could connect to them were some old vintage TEAC low-capacitance cables (ok, but showing some oxidation after all these years) or those cheapy stereo RCA cables that are usually packaged with DVD, and older tape and VCR units or like the ones you can buy from discount department stores.

I just received four cables from KabelDirkt http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n...bbn=493964&ie=UTF8&qid=1414090264&rnid=493964 and their plugs are narrow enough to plug into the Tate II with no problems. They are very well made too. I'm going to purchase more of these to plug between my Tate II and QRX-9001.

Cheers,
Ed

Back